Rlx Bracelet Repair

I am now in trial stage to be able to repair oyster and jubilee bracelets.

I primarily talk about repairing the stretch and looseness in the links. Major injuries that required laser welding etc, have to wait until later.

IMG_3122_zpsekyfsmkn.jpg

The tools that I have now is not from the shelf at Rolex or by the wholesaler. It is a toolmaker who has been kind to create some special tools that allows me to take the links safely apart, and that I can push them back together without creating damage. But they will not fix the amount of stretch in the links.

IMG_2651_zpszl9npghp.jpg

The pins inside the bracelet is being sanded down after years of use. Muck and other stuff that get inside the links, is as abrasive as pins and link rub against each other. This allows both the links and the pins to ground down so the space inside the links gets bigger and bigger. It is said that the more often you clean the bracelet in an ultrasound cleaner, the better the bracelet stays nice and firm.

IMG_2655_zpshnydljn9.jpg

For that gap to be repaired I must insert a tube on the pins that make the bracelet tight again. The links also have different size of the wear from one bracelet to another. There are also large differences in wear from link to link, so it needed a few different sizes of tubes to be used. These tubes are not exactly cheap in 316 SS so I waited a bit with the large orders for now.

Regarding President Links I must first find me a jeweler who can help me to both acquire gold, but also can shape it for me to into the right sizes.

IMG_3121_zpsp2ytlmy2.jpg

IMG_3123_zps7q2hap9e.jpg

• Like 2