Hands turn yellow after polishing, Help!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Topics

• The banking would change from DD to DU yes scott, ideally the pins should be kept parallel so that banking remains the same for both positions. I have a picture in an old book where the pins are brought closer together but have a knee bend in them to bring straight again.  So what would change when switching between the two positions if the pins are bent ? The depth of lock would be different, also the safety clearances would be different. So if the pins are bent it might be a good idea to tighten up the escape wheel and fork end-shakes.
    • I've never done any tests, though I imagine it would be easy enough to do with glass.   For pallet stones, if they don't come out of the machine spotless (it does happen), I clean them with freshly cut pithwood soaked in benzine. Any bits of pithwood left come off with a blower. If I mess up oiling an Incabloc, back in the machine it goes; I'm never happy with how clean they look even out of fresh clean benzine, and I can do other stuff while the (automatic) machine re-cleans them.
    • Just thinking about the above, if the banking pins are angled 'V' shape (which they look like in the photo)  then due to end shake of the pallet fork the distance the pallet fork will travel when in the dial up will be different from the distance it will travel in the dial down, which will make regulation very difficult if not impossible.
    • I'm not sure that we want a really see the pictures but there are a few pictures in another discussion found at the link below. then we looking at the pictures maybe it's an optical illusion maybe it's my imagination but I'm not sure the pins are exactly where there supposed to be. Especially as the holes to not quite look like there where there supposed to be but as I said it's probably just an optical illusion hopefully?    
    • That's a thorough method Joe, i can't argue at all with your approach of stripping a balance back to check everything, I like it👍.  It does require a lot of skill though, so not so much of a beginners way of doing things.