Help On Part List

Afternoon Guys,

after my 2824-2 strip down and service I need some parts.

I need a dial.

movement tabs and screws.

Crown and stem.

Cousins have some Tissot parts that look like they will do the job but I cant find any way of knowing if the case numbers will be the same parts.

my case is J374/474 Cousins list a J376.476.

can  someone point me in the right direction for the above parts please?

Many thanks James.

There are "compatible" movements on the internets for less than $100 (for donor parts ?). Individual compatible parts are also available on the bay.

For the real deal, most of the genuine parts are on ofrei (just a quick search returned most of them, http://www.ofrei.com/page1439.html),about $4 a screw, $7 for the stem.

For the dial, the bay has some, not sure about quality or what style you're looking for ($30 to $50).

For the crown, check the bay, a quick search seems to return available parts, again it depends on style ($15-$20 maybe ?)

The ofrei link should help you with the part numbers ;)

EDIT : the link got messed up when I pasted it earlier. You'll need to remove the ")," at the end

EDIT 2 : this ebay listing should also help you : http://www.ebay.com/itm/Parts-for-movement-eta-2824-2-automatic-watch-swiss-made-/150827194061

Edited by frenchie

That last ebay link I gave you doesn't help with part numbers ? 

Have you tried http://www.obsoletewatchandclockparts.com/? They are in the UK. I have order from them a few times and always got good service and prompt shipping (to the US)

hi, the eBay link didn't contain any parts I need.... Helpful never the less....

I have ordered a stem and crown from cousins so hopefully I have "guessed" right :)

will look through that site now , thanks.

had to order the movement tabs from HK couldn't find then in the UK :(

Cheers James.

So the new dial has 1mm shorter feet so they won't catch on the retaining arms !!! Great :( any clever ideas on how to secure the dial ??

Cheers.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Hi Ginger, there are a lot more members with vastly more experience than myself, but you could try dial dots. Alternatively, as the feet are still on the dial & they are locating in the hole correctly. Once you place the dial/movement in the case, I would assume the movement tabs that secure the movement to the case would inturn press the dial against the case & secure the the dial from any movement.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Hi Ginger, there are a lot more members with vastly more experience than myself, but you could try dial dots. Alternatively, as the feet are still on the dial & they are locating in the hole correctly. Once you place the dial/movement in the case, I would assume the movement tabs that secure the movement to the case would inturn press the dial against the case & secure the the dial from any movement.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Hi dial dots may do it. But yes it will be kept in place once in. If this is ok and won't interfere with the workings then I will leave as is :)

So all together.

Had a problem that the balance kept stopping. I checked the pallet cock and it "flicked" nicely so I guess at the top jewel on the balance. Sure enough after an oil good to go.

Small problem in that were losing around 30 seconds an hour. So need to have a go at that next. No timergraph so have to be trial and error :)

James.

Added the new bracelet which I think looks good and for the grand total of about 2.50 from cousins :)

1cca34deacf0c5d44d8cd70686677a40.jpg

• Like 1