Can someone identify this bar sticking out under my watch face

So I've had this submariner for a while. I'm not well educated in watches and watch parts. It was a heirloom I received after the death of my grandfather, I only wore it once to show it off and I noticed a bar sticking out from underneath the watch face. It got caught on clothing and pulled out a bit further and after that I took it off and have not worn it in roughly a year. Recently, a friend of mine reminded me of the watch and the importance of trying to get it fixed. I was wondering if anybody knows what this bar is, if its important, and if its an expensive fix. Just need to know to start taking proper steps in repairing it. Also, when I rotate the watch face, it rotates with it. 

IMG_8592.jpg

IMG_8591.jpg

34 minutes ago, Mickyr2000 said:

So I've had this submariner for a while. I'm not well educated in watches and watch parts. It was a heirloom I received after the death of my grandfather, I only wore it once to show it off and I noticed a bar sticking out from underneath the watch face. It got caught on clothing and pulled out a bit further and after that I took it off and have not worn it in roughly a year. Recently, a friend of mine reminded me of the watch and the importance of trying to get it fixed. I was wondering if anybody knows what this bar is, if its important, and if its an expensive fix. Just need to know to start taking proper steps in repairing it. Also, when I rotate the watch face, it rotates with it. 

IMG_8592.jpg

IMG_8591.jpg

Bezel retaining spring, if not then Bond's miniature radio receiver aerial,  look for a red ejector button 🙂

• Like 1