Long time, no post. I've come across a strange one. 

I picked up a Tissot PRC200 (T014.427A) from eBay as a non-runner. The first problem I noticed when opening it up was that the lower balance shock jewel was loose in the case. At first I thought the spring had just worked its way out but closer inspection showed me that the Novodiac spring was bent. Also, the cap stone was nowhere to be found. So, parts replaced and the movement cleaned and reassembled and it runs pretty well. (+5 sec/280°-ish/0.5 be).

But, Recasing it I discovered that the pushers by themselves to not extend through the movement ring at all, let alone to be long enough to push the chronograph levers. My first thought was that they were the wrong pushers for the case, but several searches show replacement pushers to be exactly what I've got. So, my question is could there be an extension rod/tube that sits in the movement ring that gives the pushers the reach they need? I'm starting to think that the seller had used this as a parts watch for those parts and a cap stone, although the rest of the movement is pristine and works fine. The case itself does show some very light wear, but it cleaned up great.

Also, the movement (ETA C01.211) is an interesting mixture of plastic parts, including to my surprise, a plastic fork and escape wheel. I found a service document for an Omega 1045 which is based on the same Lemania movement, but they use a traditional pallet fork and metal escape wheel. What should I use to lubricate the plastic "pallets"?

C01,211-pusher.jpg

C01.211-escapement.jpg

novodiac spring.jpg

2020_0705_161742_032.JPG

Edited by eccentric59

I've come across this on ETA 2892-2 and 2894-2 where the movement ring is so fat to hold the movement in a big case, therefore pieces of steel rod slightly smaller in diameter than the holes in the movement retaining ring are used, maybe 3mm to 5 mm long or so. It obviously depends on the thickness of that ring and the reach of the pushers.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jon said:

I've come across this on ETA 2892-2 and 2894-2 where the movement ring is so fat to hold the movement in a big case, therefore pieces of steel rod slightly smaller in diameter than the holes in the movement retaining ring are used, maybe 3mm to 5 mm long or so. It obviously depends on the thickness of that ring and the reach of the pushers.

That kind of confirms that someone has been in this watch before and either, forgot to put them back, lost them or used them for a different watch.