Enicar Intermediate Wheel Upside Down?

I know Ian Gillan he used to drink in the same pub as me when I lived in Lyme Regis the pub is called The Volunteer, he is a hell of a nice guy, we used to talk about music.  That was over 13 years ago. I know he lost his wife it must be about a year ago.  

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, oldhippy said:

I know Ian Gillan he used to drink in the same pub as me when I lived in Lyme Regis the pub is called The Volunteer, he is a hell of a nice guy, we used to talk about music.  That was over 13 years ago. I know he lost his wife it must be about a year ago.  

He had a great ranging voice, not my favourite of the deep purple vocalists though. David Coverdale's voice was incredible imo. Must have been something to chat with a rock legend .

Hoookay, I need to jump back over to the safe zone, what with all the vibrating hairsprings (seriously scary. I never ever want to learn that much, I will send out my stumpers. I might need some quiet time after seeing that contraption of yours.

Meanwhile, I don't mean to ... um, point anything out that might be sensitive, and I know music is personal, but:

2 hours ago, Neverenoughwatches said:

Interesting, I'm a deep purple , whitesnake , rainbow, santana kind of guy. Before my time mostly but i back peddled when i heard it all for the first time when i was 15.

I mean, how in the world did Santana make this list? Coffee calls. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Neverenoughwatches said:

Carlos was a later addition to my list. Man that guy can play a guitar like its   a part of him. 

Ain't it so, a true signature sound.

When I think of hippy music I think of Hendrix, Joplin, The Doors, Country Joe , The Who and everyone else at Woodstock. Concurrently, lots of easy listening was just going out, like 5th Dimension, Glen Campbell... but at my house it was Black Sabbath, Iron Butterfly, Yes, Steppenwolf, Traffic,... In 1970 soul was breaking with the Jackson 5 which I truly dug, and still dig. Is 1971 too late to be hippy music? Because Alice Cooper's "Dead Babies" was just so deliciously evil....

I'm guessing at least one person in this convo plays guitar, and it's not me.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Galilea said:

When I think of hippy music I think of Hendrix, Joplin, The Doors, Country Joe , The Who and everyone else at Woodstock.

Don’t forget Sha Na Na! Those Woostock lists always forget to mention Sha Na Na…for some reason.😆

• Like 1

On 7/29/2023 at 12:00 PM, Galilea said:

Ain't it so, a true signature sound.

When I think of hippy music I think of Hendrix, Joplin, The Doors, Country Joe , The Who and everyone else at Woodstock. Concurrently, lots of easy listening was just going out, like 5th Dimension, Glen Campbell... but at my house it was Black Sabbath, Iron Butterfly, Yes, Steppenwolf, Traffic,... In 1970 soul was breaking with the Jackson 5 which I truly dug, and still dig. Is 1971 too late to be hippy music? Because Alice Cooper's "Dead Babies" was just so deliciously evil....

I'm guessing at least one person in this convo plays guitar, and it's not me.

Really, you do not know that Carlos Santana played Woodstock? One of the youngest performers....

Edited by Razz
Typo

1 minute ago, Razz said:

Really, you do not know that Carlos Santana played Woodstock? One of the youngest performers....

Really, I did not remember that. Even now, as I try to make that bell ring, it does not. Who did he play before, between, after, and/or with? I want to remember.

@oldhippy, going.... just this exchange, then I will portage the topic to the non-watch party 🥳. That, or I will ask about metronomes used at woodstock.

Day 2 3rd performer at 2pm. Followed country Joe Macdonald and preceeded John Sebastian. It is said he was on acid from Captain Tripps himself Jerry Garcia. Carlos was from the San Francisco Bay area and so was a hippy for sure!

(Looks around left, right) Yep, true enough, we are all hippies here in San Francisco. I guess I was so into yelling "Give me an F!" with Country Joe that I failed to notice Carlos, every time I listened to the LP. Or maybe his Captain Tripp candy made him invisible to some people, I know it's happened to me before 😂

Anyway @Razz, there's one @oldhippy here (I told him that is an oxymoron) who told us to stop talking about music here. I will start a music  thread some day in the Anything Goes section but so far cannot figure out the right question to start with. When I do, I will come lay some fairy dust on you. If you start it first, I will be much obliged 🤩.

Edited by Galilea
  • Like 1

Here is a link to hippy music and horology. Janis Joplin had a song Mercedes Benz which had the lines "dialing for dollars is trying to find me, I wait for delivey each day until 3 ..."Here is my Timex telephone dial from 1975. Is a non runner I picked up for a future project. Old hippies from the Bay Area will know what the line is referring to...this watch takes me right to my youth in that place and time...DSCN53982.thumb.JPG.d56510c343abb2850526b04948ab1297.JPGDSCN53972.thumb.JPG.6e0ac3bb9bfaaf02918a03bc3019f66d.JPGDSCN53962.thumb.JPG.bcde0b89541ae7418ef4af25260688f1.JPGDSCN53942.thumb.JPG.c92abcd7958b00618bb51691c0ee1444.JPGDSCN53932.thumb.JPG.9692295e17854196118bee216aa54dc5.JPG

Edited by Razz
Typo

lol

line, did somebody say line? my color tv was too loud to be sure. 

nice looking watch there. how do you get an outside line on it?

start again from the top.

do they make peace sign emoticons? here's a different one from the day  🙂