Lemania 1340 automatic wind not working

I have a Nivada with a Lemania 1340 movement, if wound manually it works like a champ, solid and accurate.

But the automatic winding does not work. The rotor moves freely and turns the winding gears but the watch only runs for about 30 seconds and that is only because the balance spring was rotated by the movement of the watch case.

Any ideas?

If you see all winding gears turn but doesn't turn the ratchet wheel,

its the ratchet wheels reduction wheel failing to engage with ratchet wheel,  a broken jewel, pivot not in jewel hole, stripped teeth on either said wheels. 

Rgds

How long are you letting it wind automatically? Moving the rotor a dozen turns or so might wind the barrel like 1/70th of a turn, and that barrel makes 7-8 turns to be fully wound. The reversing gear in this caliber is rather odd, and has to be super clean and sparingly oiled, and there is other gearing under the barrel/train bridge that is inaccessible without full disassembly.

Try winding the crown 10-15 turns, and wear the watch for half a day, take it off and see how long it runs. But if you don't know the service history, it almost certainly needs a full service. This isn't a caliber I'd recommend to a beginner though, it's quite complex, like 2-3 times more complex than your average chronograph.

• Like 1

Though the winder mech is mostly covered by bridges, there is C shape cut in winding rotor, to let you see gears under the rotor turn as you turn the rotor and which ones doesn't,  so observe which gears do turn, this might help locating the fault.

As said this is a complex movement, if you are more discovering than knowing what your doing, stop, before you get to where he 😩 now is.  

Good luck.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.