sometimes when searching for parts just do a search online. So for instance because I wasn't really sure what this was I did a search for Seiko Elnix 0702-6010

so in the list of things I discovered a set watch I can purchase that on eBay saw this discussion group and I found the link from eBay which means you could a search for it on eBay in the first place.

57 minutes ago, steve1811uk said:

correct Seiko crystal

then we get a minor problem we do get crystal numbers two of them

285V21GNS, 285V21GNG

it's the last letter that's the problem looks like he just has the gold version no silver. But gold might be better than no crystal at all.

Then it would've been nice to have a better side view of the crystal on eBay because there's a worst-case scenario you could do as this reminds me of something it looks like the crystal is a flat glass with a nice heavy bevel  glued to a metal ring. Which means you probably get a generic crystal to fit the metal ring and put it together yourself if you can find the right sized crystal

https://www.ebay.com/itm/184395493387

Thanks for the reply John. I was thinking myself that it might be possible to remove the old glass and glue in something that looks the same. Anyway, let's wait and see what condition the glass is in when it arrives as it might not be too bad. Any ideas on how to remove the old glass? I assume that it will be glued.

usually for crystals that are glued in with epoxy boiling in water and that will come out. Not just glass crystals is a really nice way of gluing things perhaps for machining purposes and then heating the whole thing up and then the epoxy will basically release with a gentle tap were pushing in any case it weakens the epoxy considerably makes it easier to come apart nice and cleanly.

For future reference. Glass dimensions:

285V21GNS

Diameter 28.5mm

Thickness 1.45mm

Height of polished beveled part approx 1.2mm

Diameter of the flat face of the glass 27.3mm

Polished bevel angle approx. 60 degrees.

I have looked through Sternkreuz catalogue and don't see anything close. Does anyone know of any other crystal suppliers?

IMG_20230717_125918390.jpg

• Like 1