hey

guys

Just wondering about this part number 1010  7217 sweep second pinion with ring. Are these 2 parts? I have the pinion but can not see this ring

The pic of the part on the worksheet does not show a ring. Also, has any one fitted one of these pinions is it supposed to click through the center hole or just rest there and wobble about?

cheers

gary

15 hours ago, gary17 said:

The pic of the part on the worksheet does not show a ring

actually if you use your imagination I think it does show a ring or perhaps a washer?

image.png.de91fb96351e624358c33596ffea0f7f.png

then trying to find a picture the part on the Internet is a bit challenging but did find a couple and the definition of a ring is not what I would call it. So the ones without a ring don't have anything just the pinion and shaft. Where the ones with the washer have that ring that's not exactly what I'd call a washer and I'm guessing because of where it is and what it looks like it is a permanent attachments

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/122507038531

then as far as technical documentation goes I got the image out of the parts list. You don't appear to have anything modern for servicing the watch at least I don't have it. They do have a general instruction with the common stuff to a whole bunch of these but there's no reference to that part.