This isn't really a tool but I wasn't sure where else to put it.

If you have a Daiso store near you, they have these little storage boxes that are great for watch parts. I still have to keep all my parts separated in small groups so I know what goes where. These boxes have 10 compartments that each have their own lid. The lids click shut so if you accidentally knock it over, everything stays inside. Also they are super cheap. Maybe $3.

I checked their online store and didn't see them, but possibly they are just not in stock.

IMG_0481.jpg

I have one of those from Daiso too but I use it to store spare screws.

I use another box, also from Daiso, for my projects.

IMG-20190406-WA0002.thumb.jpg.f9de54c146a2262a0e57234e4b96e5e7.jpg

It has 2 tiers. The bottom tier doesn't have any compartments and I use that for the big parts like the watch case, case back, bracelet/strap, dial, crystal. The upper tier has 12 compartments which is good enough for a watch with day/date complications. 

When a project is stalled because of pending spare parts, I just put a slip of paper under the clear cover with the watch description, fault findings and action required. 

I love this design but sadly not available anymore from Daiso. Maybe I can do a Google image search....