How-dy

SFCamry

Hi all -

I am a member on WatchUSeek and a moderator on Toyotanation.  I am using the same ID on all three sites to make it easier to see what I am about and post for those interested.

I am a huge DIY guy, doing my own carpentry, plumbing, electrical, masonry, automotive, etc. etc. and decided I wanted to get into servicing watches.  I have built up a collection of around 50 watches (cased and strap/bracelet) and at least 30 movements in various states (cased, no case, a few not working).  I have been buying tooling as well and have most what I need to get going seriously on servicing.  I hunt for vintage tooling to use so I can connect to the history of the craft, to include these vintage tools I now own.  The other tools are modern.  I wound up buying two screw polishers as the first one was not quite what I wanted but thought I was less likely to get what I did want (the wheels) and then of course a few weeks later what I did want came up for sale and I was able to win the bid.  I will clean up the first I bought and then potentially sell, but will see.  Never hurts to have backup.  I plan to clean up and blue screws for exhibition case back fun.  And more vintage tooling I will wind up buying at some point.  I can now stake with history, undercut a balance wheel screw with history, hold a stem with history, and polish screws with history.  Love it.

I look forward to servicing all the watches I own as well as those movements I have.  Will be fun and give me something tangible to appreciate when I am done (my job is mental with nothing tangible per se to show for it).  The idea of holding a tool other craftsmen (of which I am no where even close to yet) have used over many decades is what I enjoy.

IMG_2565.jpg

IMG_2585.jpg

IMG_2541.jpg

2023-04-12_19-47-44.jpg

2023-04-12_19-48-33.jpg