Seiko 5Y23A Stem Stuck in Date Selection position?

Hi Guys!

Got an issuewith an Seiko SQ that has a 5Y23A Quartz movement in it.

Its stuck in the date/day change position. 

Cant' push it in to get it to the "closed" position, and can't pull it out to set time? Stem also seems to be a bit loose.

Any idea how to fix? Did something in the keyless works shift due to the stem being removed? 

Let me know if I can provide any other pics.

Thanks!

IMG_3050.jpeg

IMG_3051.jpeg

11 hours ago, lakeharkwatchco said:

Did something in the keyless works shift due to the stem being removed? 

okay so from the wording you're saying that you remove the stem you put it back in and now it doesn't function versus it just randomly got stuck all by itself?

removing stem is usually easy putting them back in and having everything work depending upon the watch can be quite a challenge. Some watches no problems other they have to be in specific places and still others are always just problematic. Don't remember how much plastic is on this Seiko  as a lot of them can have a lot of plastic and it's really easy to break the plastic if you're not careful. The only way to figure out what's going on is going to have to disassemble the watch. For that I'm attaching the tech sheet.

1 minute ago, clockboy said:

If not then it will need investigation of the dial side( keyless side).

on this particular Seiko quartz if you look at the tech sheet the setting keyless can be found on the back side. It just means you have to remove quite a bit of a movement to get there.

Seiko 5Y22A,23A,30A,31A,32A,39A.pdf