Need help with this spring

One of my friends stumbled upon an old watch which, although clearly not authentic, provided me with a valuable opportunity to practice restoring timepieces. The transparent case back had shattered, and the broken glass fragments were interfering with the watch's movement. Consequently, I disassembled the entire watch, cleaned it, and removed any traces of rust.

The problem that I need help with is this spring. I have a photograph of the spring, but it is already detached, and I am unsure how to properly position it back in place. Can anyone provide guidance on the correct placement of the spring and offer any suggestions on how to avoid inadvertently launching it into the cosmos?

20230329_175743~2.jpg

20230329_175743.jpg

20230329_174617.jpg

It appears that it provides tension on the jumper for the 7 tooth star (with which it's already positioned) and the corrector; to get it in place on the corrector hold down the curved side with flattened pegwood or a leather buff stick then slide the tail over so it drops down in tension with the corrector. There's always a chance it can fly though, make sure your work area is clean to aid in hunting!

1 hour ago, nickelsilver said:

It appears that it provides tension on the jumper for the 7 tooth star (with which it's already positioned) and the corrector; to get it in place on the corrector hold down the curved side with flattened pegwood or a leather buff stick then slide the tail over so it drops down in tension with the corrector. There's always a chance it can fly though, make sure your work area is clean to aid in hunting!

Thanks for the reply, is this what you mean? I thought the spring had to rest on the two levers top and bottom. The 7 tooth star sits in there. I have a bit of grease hoping it will stay in place. 

Screenshot_20230330-170444~2.png