(Removing watch Face/quarts) Invicta 32503 watch dial markers coming off, brand new watch, never worn..

So i found this forum on google and admittedly the situation just got so much worse upon me opening the box to take pictures to show you guys. My original question was how to remove the face/top part of the watch to re attach an hour indicator/marker instead of going from the bottom/back of the watch all of the way through. Unfortunately, another three markers/indicators have fallen off which I have never seen before. I had previously reached out to invicta about the issue around christmas and they told me they had to charge me to send it in regardless to look at it. At this point four of the hour markers/indicator have fallen off. Im not sure if its just pins or glue and pins but any advice would be very helpful to my original question. I cannot find this exact watch anywhere else and frankly don't want to, i only re purchased this watch out of spite, long story but its worth a lot more than the cost of it to me. Otherwise I'd have exchanged it right off of the bat but I'm stuck with it. I can send it to invicta but im past annoyed with them wanting to charge me for this BS quality control error. Pics incoming but how would this be salvaged and is it possible to just remove the face at the top and re secure the markers (tips on that would be helpful). It still has all of the plastic on, I sent very similar pictures to invicta and the company i purchased it from when it was only the 12th hour marker off. 

Photo Mar 25 2023, 2 19 25 AM.jpg

Photo Mar 25 2023, 2 19 55 AM.jpg

Photo Mar 25 2023, 2 24 34 AM.jpg

Photo Mar 25 2023, 2 24 44 AM.jpg

The most sensible way would be to remove the movement from the back, take off the dial and hands. The indices should have small pins on them, these go into the corresponding holes on the dial then are glued from the dial back using GS hypo cement.

Tom

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, tomh207 said:

The most sensible way would be to remove the movement from the back, take off the dial and hands. The indices should have small pins on them, these go into the corresponding holes on the dial then are glued from the dial back using GS hypo cement.

Tom

I agree with @tomh207but I would harass the makers until they gave in, obviously sub standard. 

Hi welcome to the forum.  What’s the history of the watch regarding warranty as any attempt at removing the movement will invalidate it.   If it’s out of warranty, by how much as it seems pretty poor Q C if it’s a short time.  Other than that the advice given by Tomh207. Holds good. You will however need some tools to accomplish the task.

20 hours ago, RichardHarris123 said:

I agree with @tomh207but I would harass the makers until they gave in, obviously sub standard. 

19 hours ago, watchweasol said:

Hi welcome to the forum.  What’s the history of the watch regarding warranty as any attempt at removing the movement will invalidate it.   If it’s out of warranty, by how much as it seems pretty poor Q C if it’s a short time.  Other than that the advice given by Tomh207. Holds good. You will however need some tools to accomplish the task.

It was a couple months ago I last spoke to the OEM but original seller did not have any of that model left for an exchange and it was out of the time period that they would offer a refund (1 month, i missed it by a couple days). And then when i spoke of this to invicta directly they just told me their standard process for sending in a watch for a warranty repair. And I believe they required something like a $25 and for me to pay shipping of it regardless of it was still "new in box" and unworn. Here's the relavant part of their warranty flyer that was repeated to me when emailing their support back and forth.. 

"Your genuine Invicta timepiece is backed by a limited three (3) year manufacturer’s warranty, from the original date of purchase from an authorized retailer, against all manufacturing defects. All warranty claims must be accompanied by a copy of your proof of purchase. The only components covered under warranty are: the hands, dial, and watch movement. If the timepiece proves to be defective in workmanship or materials under normal use, it will be repaired free of charge by the Invicta Premier Service Center. Please note that a service evaluation fee of $28 per timepiece is applicable to all warranty service, which includes return shipping costs. The manufacturer’s warranty does not cover the following: • Crystal, crown, case, strap, bracelet or battery • Any damage that results from unauthorized or improper use, service, accident, impact, negligence or normal wear and tear • Water damage due to accident, improper use, or negligence"

Tldr; they still want me to pay $28 and pay for shipping on it even though this is basically how it arrived and the rest fell off while sitting on my desk literally... 

So for what is roughly a $100 watch I have to spend probably $40 to get it back in "new" condition and wait somewhere around a month or so for that. 

In other news I have a Micheal Kors watch that's my daily and that shit has taken crazy abuse despite a lot of carefulness. And the only thing wrong with it are minor scratches on the clasps from when it hits the corner of my desk or other things while working. All of my other previous invictas never had a single issue :3 just really pevved about this one. There just semi nice looking watches that I can wear regularly and not be upset about in the event of a catastrophe but the one that im posting about has sentimental value. 

Looks like a rock and a hard place, a DIY attempt will invalidate the warranty but should it require further repair each subsequent repair will cost $40. So by that issue I think on a $100 watch it could soon over run the actual cost in the first place. My advice would be have ago. If you take it to an independent repairer it’s still going to cost. With a few tools it’s not that difficult.