Newbie Intro

ZeitSchnitzel

Greetings, all!  I'm a new watch-a-holic here in Central Texas.  My son has infected me with an interest in watches as a result of his work.  There, he's in close proximity to a watchmaker, though my son is on the coins & bullion side of the business.  Anyway, he has caught the bug and now I have it.  I'm coming at this from an electronics hobby which leans heavily toward designing and building with small and microscopic parts.  I also enjoy metal machining, so I'm hoping this leads me to making my own watch parts.

So far (in a few weeks), I've collected a number of Seiko automatics, Benrus, Waltham (AS) and Wittnauer (ETA) watches to practice on.  Also collecting tools and supplies to do things right.

Anyway, I'm absorbing as much as I can from videos and books and this hobby is really making a lot of sense to me.  But I found that when Googling for answers, I usually end up here.  Thus I figured I should join you guys!

• Like 1