Need help deciding on a watch to pass down to my son

Hello,

so I’m on the fence on getting a 36mm air king or a omega sea or speed master. I’m look to get it for myself and pass it down to my son later down the road. I have read a tone of stuff on both Rolex and omega. I’m not looking for something the more or less is a investment as in it gaining value. Just want something that is going to last and take a beating and still tick! But I want a automatic movement that is for sure. I know Rolex hold its value and omega don’t so much but from my research omega builds a tank of a watch the is less prone to issues then a air king. So from your personal experience with a budget of 4500-5000 what one would you go with and why? I would really appreciate your input and experience with them both. Like I said this is to be passed down not being bought as a investment so please don’t use that as your judgment on one of the 3. Thanks!!! 

Welcome to the forum, enjoy. This forum is predominantly for repairers both amateur and professional.. There is a section to chat which this subject would be covered. IMO Rolex is the road to take for investment. However a budget of 5000 ( not sure of your currency) means your purchasing used. Those with money to spare are purchasing new Rolexes and re selling as new ,never worn for 100% profit. Check eBay your be surprised.. Rolex at present have a minimum of 6 months waiting lists. 

My 2 cents.  I would get a used Speedmaster  from eBay.  It's an iconic watch with a great history. It will hold it's value and almost every serious watch collector has one.  eBay will send it out to be authenticated before you get it so you know that it is real.