Omega Seamaster (14701.1.SC)

Hello everybody, 

Recently I got my hands on this nice looking (IMHO) thing. And I think I want to replace the glass, or at least buy a new one for comparison.  

Problem I have is that, when I look by the model number, I find PX5001 or PX5140, but both are with a golden ring. 

Of course I could just measure the crystal and look it up in the catalog by size and get an ATC, XAC or something glass. But I was wondering could I find an original piece? 

Does any one know the chrome version part number? 

P.S. Also, is this some what rare, the blue dial? I couldn't find this exact model in the web.

Thank you in advance!

D31E04DB-0A56-49A6-9220-4D36EF01D0E7.jpeg

Edited by swiss2k

25 minutes ago, swiss2k said:

this you mean?

Yes that's perfect then I guess had to decipher how the numbers are laid out. Plus it was helpful to have the movement number so that I know if I have the right case.

Oh and you might want to look carefully at your photograph these studs screw and maybe they hairspring regulating screw look like rust perhaps? Even they hairspring looks a little but it could just be the photograph does it doesn't look like any other rust anywhere it just looks suspicious

Then the problem with omega case numbers are there not specific.Is actually six different case types another is made out of gold of various colors and for them have the correct movement.

As usual with omega there will be confusion there is three crystals. Looks like the first one does not have a magnifying glass and the other two Have magnifying glasses and there must be some difference but it doesn't actually explain what the difference is.

GLASS PLEXI ST RING D29.62 H4.7  REF :063PZ5140  063 DIAMETER D1 :29.62 MM  063 EYEGLASS :WIHTOUT

GLASS PLEXI ST RING    REF :063PZ5140LC    063 DIAMETER D1 :29.62 MM   063 EYEGLASS :WITH

GLASS PLEXI ST RING   REF :063PZ5140LR    063 DIAMETER D1 :29.62 MM   063 EYEGLASS :WITH

@JohnR725 I think the picture overdramatizes a bit the reality. I have serviced the movement and I think I runs nice now. 

992718C6-3083-4345-94C8-E5140A1ABF0A.jpeg

Glass: Thank you for the reference info! I think I will try to find both(with and w/o magnification). As I said, I tried searching the web for this exact model with a blue dial and couldn't find anything, and eventually see which one fits/looks better. 

Edited by swiss2k

7 hours ago, swiss2k said:

blue dial

Oh and when I was there I did take a quick look at the dials and I did not see a blue dial. But that doesn't necessarily mean anything because you have a blue dial. As I said you find their case numbers were referred to a whole bunch of different cases made out of different materials raise grades a gold usually are goals and stainless and then occasionally the crystals might even be different for the different case is not just the weather it has a gold ring or whatever I've seen sometimes are sized a little different may be because the gold was a little different hardness or something I'm not sure why. So simplistically anything older for Omega you're going to get variations and because Omega doesn't like to sell parts to anyone in the universe finding vintage parts becomes more and more difficult as the original ones are slowly purchased and there's nothing left