Hello there from the Netherlands

Wich

Hello,

I've recently gotten into the hobby of watch maintenance and repair. After watching various youtube videos on watches over the past year or so and having gotten Mark's excellent watch repair courses I've taken the plunge and dove into my first movements. To follow the course I've obtained a couple of Chinese 6497 clones to practice on as well as a skeleton version which I cased up without any dial giving to me a neat effect which I'm currently wearing as a daily watch. I've disassembled, cleaned, reassembled and lubricated the 6497 movements a few times as practice.

The plan is to get some lot or lots of non-runners from the usual sources and try and get some of them in working order. I also received a non-runner from my brother that he asked me to get running again. It is a fairly odd thing with some mechanical bits and bobs next to a quartz movement, which is a whole story on it's own that I'll ask about in another thread. My father also gave me my grandfather's old Remova watch bought in 1964 which has lain in a drawer for way too long, but given it's history I won't get into that one until I've had some more practice on some junkers.

Looking forward to learn and in future hopefully contribute.

Regards, wich