Hi guys hope someone can help just finished my wife's grandfather's watch a swiss watch with a the 150 MOVEMENT,I replaced the click spring and winding bridge,give it a full strip down and service,all seemed fine untill the watch kept stopping face up so then noticed the balance cap jewel missing so replaced ,all seemed fine but it has just stopped and i have noticed the hairspring has broken,I can find one but it's my fist watch I've repaired so can't repair the hairspring so I'll need a new one,does anybody know where I can obtain a fully assembled balance in its bridge as I can fit the balance but can't fit a hairspring yet regards Steve 

1 hour ago, cannon said:

Hi guys hope someone can help just finished my wife's grandfather's watch a swiss watch with a the 150 MOVEMENT,I replaced the click spring and winding bridge,give it a full strip down and service,all seemed fine untill the watch kept stopping face up so then noticed the balance cap jewel missing so replaced ,all seemed fine but it has just stopped and i have noticed the hairspring has broken,I can find one but it's my fist watch I've repaired so can't repair the hairspring so I'll need a new one,does anybody know where I can obtain a fully assembled balance in its bridge as I can fit the balance but can't fit a hairspring yet regards Steve 

How is it broken cannon ?. Can you do a photo ?

9 hours ago, cannon said:

i have noticed the hairspring has broken,I can find one but it's my fist watch I've repaired so can't repair the hairspring

Don't worry if you can't repair the hairspring no one else on the group can either. It's a balance completes or nothing. That's because they have to come as a pair if you would like the watch to keep time.

6 hours ago, Nucejoe said:

While you do a photo, do visit this page as well.

FHF 150 ranfft

Dr ranfft list a bunch of calibers which fit your watch.

If you look at the first link you'll see a reference of when the watch was made and how many years it was made over and how many they made which was a lot and as mentioned in the above quote that means variations so we need a picture to get to the right balance complete

Then the website mentioned above can be found at the second link.

https://17jewels.info/movements/f/fhf/fhf-150/

http://www.ranfft.de/cgi-bin/bidfun-db.cgi?10&ranfft&&2uswk&FHF_150_0

As you can see I think the hair has come out of the jewel and wrapped around something, as was stated by JohnR725 it is in two parts after watching a few videos i will have a go at fitting a balance,cousins has one complete,but it looks different as it is missing the little screws screwed into the balance wheel,does this matter as it is supposed to be the right one for the watch without shock protection, regards Steve

20221226_174740.jpg

20221226_174540.jpg

Screwless balance works in your watch, they were made in 10.5"' & 11.5"' lingue ,  best to get the correct one

While at it, remove the two little screws on the cock, remove the end stone, so you can clean & peg and inspect them, I even put oil on end stone and hole jewels, before installing end stones.

Good luck

Inspecting the hole jewels and end stones under good magnification, is the way to go. 

Best to put a bit of penetrating oil on small screws and let it soak overnight also dress you screw drivers for good fit into screw slots. 

Dr ranfft shows all variants of FHF 150  and their corresponding pivot OD. 

Good luck.