My Little Story

oldhippy

Just a little story about clocks. When I decided to retire from watch/clock making, I was approached by two antique dealers who had their own shop in a nearby town, they said I had been recommended by someone and they wanted to start to sell antique clocks but knew nothing about them. Anyhow I agreed after they said I could do all the repairs, go around the antique sales rooms and buy what I thought would be good for them to sell in their shop, they gave me a limit each time. I also used to value clocks for insurance. This was a wonderful experience because I saw all sorts of bodge ups and what are known as marriages (this is when a movement is fitted into a different case common in Longcase Clocks) I decided after about two years to call it a day by then It was getting to much for me and the excitement ended. After a very long time away from work I wanted to do something completely different and I went into I T and ended up teaching.  

I hope all of you enjoyed my little story.

• Like 2

That would must have been a great job spending other folks money, I could do that all day! :)

Are you still working in IT, or are you retired and happy like me?

Retired from that but I still fix my friends computers. One thing I love is restoring old photos in Adobe Photoshop.

• Like 1

Great story, coming from an electrical/mechanical background, I too have the inevitable task of having to repair many a broken iPhone glass, laptop, bike, car, and whatever else the family breaks lol. 

Edited by SSTEEL

• 8 months later...