As the coil breathes  the spring's radial displacement is zero at the stud and increases the farther away from the stud( through the terminal curve) to Max at the bend, so there is less springs displacement at the stud side and more at the bend side.

11 hours ago, ossing said:

Is it okay to change the direction of the regulator block in the etachron system?
I'm asking if it's okay to do it the other way around as long as the gap between the curve pins is right.

just so I'm clear on what you're saying instead of following the directions that you're supposed to turn it in to tighten the pins you would like to turn it in the other direction to tighten the pins because you can?

There's something interesting about the PDF you have you can see the top and you can see the bottom but can you see the shape of the pins themselves? the problem with not seeing a clear diagram of the pins themselves may be there are shaped differently so in one direction they have the right shape in another direction maybe they have something else maybe that's why you're only supposed to turn it in one direction. I've attached another PDF you can see  who holds the patent on the pins themselves. so when you look at all of variations of how the pins can be laid out conceivably they're not symmetrical which is why they specify a specific direction to turn. But seeing as how they don't put tiny arrows and instructions on top that means people will turn them in all kinds of directions as long as you don't destroy the hairspring the keeps time it's probably okay.

US2007091729A1 seiko etachron.pdf