Longiness 6922 - how to take the dial off

• brunomartins changed the title to Longiness 6922 - how to take the dial off
4 hours ago, brunomartins said:

Hi!

I can’t find how to separate the dial from the movement on Longiness 6922. The border doesn’t have screws and I couldn’t find screws on the main plate.

Any one can help?

11B1B469-A501-4B53-A449-77CE49AF8896.jpeg

AF2608E6-B9A2-4178-B5B8-B6E901D9FF36.jpeg

2F66A9C6-C66A-45C3-BBB9-9C796E31D0A2.jpeg

Dial feet location points or case screw holes ?. Cut locking screws under the bridges ? 

2022-10-13 05.57.47.jpg

Edited by Neverenoughwatches

4 hours ago, brunomartins said:

The border doesn’t have screws and I couldn’t find screws on the main plate.

did you know a very long time ago dials didn't have screws to hold them in. The dial flood came up into the plate and a tapered pin was shoved in a hole in the foot. Often times a pain to get out and sometimes had to be replaced as are in really bad condition. Then the miracle of dial screws but not all dials have screws. Modern dials have other things like this watch.

sometimes if you have the service bulletin or even the parts listing get a clue bike the PDF attached which was found at the link below

then an image your image notice I circled something I wonder what that is? I did manage to find you an image it really sucks but on the sides the things that I circled in your image you'll notice a little not she push on the notch it's a pivoted lever basically it will slide out or you can read the description of the pictures civet sounds better than what I'm saying they case the thing as to rotate worst case you can't figure it out just take the watch apart with the dial in place you'll see them once you see how they work the really easy. There are very common method on modern watches so they don't have to have screws are a lot simpler to make

https://www.cousinsuk.com/document/search?SearchString=6922

dial screw in disguise.JPG

dial screws not.JPG

3804_Longines 6902-6972_Smaller.pdf

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JohnR725 said:

did you know a very long time ago dials didn't have screws to hold them in. The dial flood came up into the plate and a tapered pin was shoved in a hole in the foot. Often times a pain to get out and sometimes had to be replaced as are in really bad condition. Then the miracle of dial screws but not all dials have screws. Modern dials have other things like this watch.

sometimes if you have the service bulletin or even the parts listing get a clue bike the PDF attached which was found at the link below

then an image your image notice I circled something I wonder what that is? I did manage to find you an image it really sucks but on the sides the things that I circled in your image you'll notice a little not she push on the notch it's a pivoted lever basically it will slide out or you can read the description of the pictures civet sounds better than what I'm saying they case the thing as to rotate worst case you can't figure it out just take the watch apart with the dial in place you'll see them once you see how they work the really easy. There are very common method on modern watches so they don't have to have screws are a lot simpler to make

dial screws not.JPG

3804_Longines 6902-6972_Smaller.pdf 920.81 kB · 0 downloads

Great  information John 

In addition to the information supplied by john, Dials can be and are fitted in all manner of ways. The simplist being the cheaper quartz watches which just push into plastic inserts, They may be screwed in via small screws set in the sides of the watch which hold the feet or from the top, these being eccentric and having a flange which cuts into the foot therefore holding them in place. Another is the one described by john which has a small pivoted clip that you have to pivot to remove the foot and the older pinned ones mainly on pocket watches which can be a real pain to remove at times. It is probably easier to look at the Ranfft site for a picture of th watch  than start poking and levering as the possibilities of breaking something are great.

6 hours ago, JohnR725 said:

dial screws not.JPG

3804_Longines 6902-6972_Smaller.pdf 920.81 kB · 4 downloads

Yes, I saw this paper but couldn’t id the bolts. I look for again

7 hours ago, brunomartins said:

Yes, I saw this paper but couldn’t id the bolts. I look for again

the problem is you're looking for a bolt let's see what the Internet says a bolt is so you can see a bolt is another name for screw except that's not what you're looking for you're never going to see this picture is really clear and the thing that I circled is really clear but you're still looking for something that looks like a screw and that means you're never going to find it.

now I snipped out another image for you from your picture. Look at your pictures you have two of them out a snipped out the other one. The other two mystery items don't you what are they? Now in the image I snipped out below I have an arrow pointing at something all you have to do is wish right where they arrow is and you release your dial flight you'll need to do it on the other side. If you don't believe may just take the plates apart you'll build the see them much better you take the plates off still definitely be visible.

then they're not always push type like this some of me have to pull out but with the picture I gave before it clearly shows pushing not unscrewing the bolt.

okay I had another thought let's go to the tech sheet notice the parts cross reference we know the part is called a dial bolt so let's see what it is and will get a part number. according to the parts reference it should be part number 934. Then if you look at the pictures we see 934 which looks really weird doesn't it? As you see it does not match the description of the dictionary of what a bolt is at all other than it's used to hold the dial on. So it is a fastening device it just isn't a circular thing with threats. It snaps on a post in the center which you can see in the picture  below and it rotates if you push on it. One direction pushes and releases the other direction pushes and holds.

But if still confused just take the watch a part it should become very obvious one holds the dial on

https://fastenerengineering.com/what-is-a-bolt/

weird bolt.JPG

dial  part number and picture.JPG

dial bolt part number.JPG

• Like 1

On 10/13/2022 at 4:39 PM, JohnR725 said:

the problem is you're looking for a bolt let's see what the Internet says a bolt is so you can see a bolt is another name for screw except that's not what you're looking for you're never going to see this picture is really clear and the thing that I circled is really clear but you're still looking for something that looks like a screw and that means you're never going to find it.

now I snipped out another image for you from your picture. Look at your pictures you have two of them out a snipped out the other one. The other two mystery items don't you what are they? Now in the image I snipped out below I have an arrow pointing at something all you have to do is wish right where they arrow is and you release your dial flight you'll need to do it on the other side. If you don't believe may just take the plates apart you'll build the see them much better you take the plates off still definitely be visible.

then they're not always push type like this some of me have to pull out but with the picture I gave before it clearly shows pushing not unscrewing the bolt.

okay I had another thought let's go to the tech sheet notice the parts cross reference we know the part is called a dial bolt so let's see what it is and will get a part number. according to the parts reference it should be part number 934. Then if you look at the pictures we see 934 which looks really weird doesn't it? As you see it does not match the description of the dictionary of what a bolt is at all other than it's used to hold the dial on. So it is a fastening device it just isn't a circular thing with threats. It snaps on a post in the center which you can see in the picture  below and it rotates if you push on it. One direction pushes and releases the other direction pushes and holds.

But if still confused just take the watch a part it should become very obvious one holds the dial on

https://fastenerengineering.com/what-is-a-bolt/

weird bolt.JPG

dial  part number and picture.JPG

dial bolt part number.JPG

Yes. For those looking for a quick answer. Those “bolts” are located in two positions around the main plate. All I had to do was push them by one side and it turns realising the dial.