Bfg 866 Question

I am working on a BFG 866  non working movement.  I could not find anything wrong apart from the barrel which has a clutch style part that acts like a cannon pinion. This part was jammed solid which I presume this is incorrect and should turn (see arrow) but with some friction. My question is do I lube it & if so with what lubricant.

post-234-0-68325100-1435409105.png

I'm not sure CB but I had a similar issue on a different movement and it was the ring -- or maybe the gear itself in my case -- that was upside down, once I flipped it over everything worked as it should...I don't know it that could be of help!

Cheers,

Bob

PS. Just a thought, I am not familiar with this movement.

I used to play around with those movements cheap and cheerful. It should be friction tight a little oil something in the grade of what you would use on the centre wheel cannon pinion side should do the trick. You don't want it loose if so it won't carry the hands round.

I used to play around with those movements cheap and cheerful. It should be friction tight a little oil something in the grade of what you would use on the centre wheel cannon pinion side should do the trick. You don't want it loose if so it won't carry the hands round.

Thanks, It is now a bit to loose for my liking after putting it through the cleaning machine. I will have to give it a tap with a closing punch to give it a bit more friction.