Hello Guys, I am new to the forum and play with and repair watches for a bit of a hobby. I have recently acquired this Skagen SKU6373 with a loose/drooping minute hand. The problem is that I can’t see/find a way to remove the movement or face to carry out the repairs. There seems to be a retaining ring that stops the movement/face from coming out. I have tried twisting and all sorts to see how it comes out but to no avail. Any ideas?
Thanks

Andy

70BEE4C5-EAE8-4E3C-A69E-468359545291.jpeg

Thank you for your introduction and welcome to this friendly forum.

We all look forward to your contributions and continued involvement. 

I expect it comes out from the front. Can you post a photo of the front also one showing the side of the case. 

The Skagen I fixed some while ago had to be BLOWN out the front.  Not pretty but it worked.

Looks like yours is a screw back.  With the stem removed, screw the back on air tight.

Wrap painter's tape around the movement--not tight.

Using a syringe, put the end on the case tube and quickly compress the syringe.  If all goes well, the crystal will pop off and the movement will also come out. 

You really need a tool to put the crystal back on (assuming it does not break) after you make your adjustments.  If those dial markers are glued on to the dial, some may come off.  If they are painted on...you do not have to worry.

Skagens are beautiful and classy and a pain in the @ss

• Like 1

Thank you - It worked!

Although the words of Michael Cain in the italian job (i think) came to mind - you were only supposed to blow the ***** doors off! Yes, I have been picking up parts for a couple of days! May have used a syringe with a bit too much capacity.....