Thank you Marshall (Wrist watch Revival) and Mark Levick (Marshall and Mark sent me here)

Midazolam

Hello from Larry

I started watching Marshall and got intrigued.  I knew I wanted to do that.  He suggested the courses by Mark.  I watched  numbers 1 2 and 3  ( I watched #3 twice)  I am now into it too deep to ever stop.  

My first conquest was a Westclock Pocket Ben that was a non runner.  I popped the back and said to myself, "That does not look like everything I ever saw Mark work on."  While putting it back together I accidently dropped it.  It started to work.  It has run ever since and in fact keeps good time.   Can I count that as my first watch repair?

I am now working on a Russian Luch that I bought from a Ukraine jewer.  It took over two months to get here.  Again a total non runner.  After disassembly and cleaning  it now runs only face down.  I would like any hint anyone might offer.

Thanks for all of you being here.  I have enjoyed reading the posts

Larry

luch.jpg

luch 2.jpg

Edited by Midazolam

• Midazolam changed the title to Thank you Marshall (Wrist watch Revival) and Mark Levick (Marshall and Mark sent me here)
3 minutes ago, Midazolam said:

While putting it back together I accidently dropped it.  It started to work.  It has run ever since and in fact keeps good time.   Can I count that as my first watch repair?

Well hello Larry. You jammy bugger. Take it as a win matey. I would love to see you do it a second time though 😅.  If you do i have half a dozen watches that need  new balance staffs, post me your address matey and i will send them your way to drop them in the same manner. Cheers 👍

• Like 1