Vienna clock

Willow

Hi everyone, hope you are all well my latest buy H.Endler Vienna clock, 

there are 3 parts that came with it which have a thread on them but i can't see where they screw into.

Should be the last picture any ideas where they go ,thanks

IMG-20220816-WA0015.jpeg

IMG_20220816_143615482_MP.jpg

IMG_20220816_143421914_MP.jpg

IMG_20220816_143433167_MP.jpg

IMG_20220816_143446461_MP.jpg

IMG_20220816_144113330_MP.jpg

The odd one is normally used to hold the movement to the bracket which screws to the movement. You should have two brackets stabilizers to hold the clock to the wall so when winding the movement doesn't slip on the wall. Here is a photo of them complete. 

s-l1600 (1).jpg

Edited by oldhippy
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, watchweasol said:

Hi Willow, were these screws loose in the case ?    You have picked up a nice clock there, weight driven Vienna.

Hi watchweasol yes the screws were loose just can't see where they go, unless they don't belong to this clock 

9 hours ago, oldhippy said:

The odd one is normally used to hold the movement to the bracket which screws to the movement. You should have two brackets stabilizers to hold the clock to the wall so when winding the movement doesn't slip on the wall. Here is a photo of them complete. 

s-l1600 (1).jpg

Hi oldhippy, yes there is two brackets already on the clock at the bottom of the case which i have screwd to the wall on the left side of the case, and the odd one there is already to screws that go through the bracket and screw into the movement to secure it do you think they could be from another clock.

Forgot to mention one of the screw you show in your image oldhippy one of mine is longer then the other why would that be or are they from different clocks?

There are many different ways of fixing these movements to the brackets inside the cases of these clocks . I's seem some where the screws are about 3 inches long with flat round brass heads. Others just held in place with pins. Could be they don't belong to that clock. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, oldhippy said:

There are many different ways of fixing these movements to the brackets inside the cases of these clocks . I's seem some where the screws are about 3 inches long with flat round brass heads. Others just held in place with pins. Could be they don't belong to that clock. 

Yes that's what i think they belong to something else, like i said the screws are there to hold the movement in place.

Well it's ticking away ok but the hammer is missing the gong so i will adjust that and leave it running until i get round to servicing it, would you recommend changing the line for the weights.