If you'd asked just a few hours earlier I could have checked - I've just fitted the dial to a 2789, and I could have tried it on a scrap 2824 movement I have !

But, as @Nucejoe points out, although the mainplates are the same diameter, they are from different families, so probably not.

• Haha 1

Out of curiosity I have just tried a 2836 dial (same as 2824 but with day as well as date) on both 2772 and 2763 base plates (both same family as 2789 according to Ranfft).

Interestingly the 28xx dial will mount onto the 27xx base plates with the dial feet locating properly into the relevant holes and the central hole lining up properly with the canon pinion and hour wheel so that the hands will go on.

What doesn't work though is that the dial feet seem to have been displaced by about 2 or 3 degrees anticlockwise about the central dial hole, so the day/date window is correspondingly 2 to 3 degrees out clockwise.

So yes it will physically fit, but no it won't work, unless you want a wonky date window 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1