Tempora watch identification

Good morning,  afternoon or evening everyone hope you are all well and happy. Just looking to id. This cheap swiss movement mostly for curiosity although possibly for finding a broken setting lever for it . There is an OS 66 on the train side.

20220530_235613.jpg

20220530_235246.jpg

20220529_204349.jpg

Edited by Neverenoughwatches

33 minutes ago, Neverenoughwatches said:

Good morning,  afternoon or evening everyone hope you are all well and happy. Just looking to id. This cheap swiss movement mostly for curiosity although possibly for finding a broken setting lever for it . There is an OS 66 on the train side.

20220530_235613.jpg

20220530_235246.jpg

20220529_204349.jpg

Antichoc?

28 minutes ago, RichardHarris123 said:

Antichoc?

Thats just the name of the shock jewel setting design Rich. Standard removable  jewel with a chanton top and three prong shock spring. Nice to work on, out oiled and back in within 2 to3 mins.

20220530_235246.jpg

Edited by Neverenoughwatches

As a potentially interesting aside...

The Bestfit catalogue when looking for 'Osco' also has 'Parat (see Osco)' and 'Stowa (see Osco)' implying it could be worth in some circumstances looking around against these separate names should someone run into parts difficulty. 

In the case of the 66 however then, as @mikepilkhas pointed out, there is good parts availability so that's unnecessary.

Note that Dugena 1157 = Osco 66 but Cousins deny all knowledge of the Dugena. Poor Dugena. 😲

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, WatchMaker said:

Thanks watchmaker . Missed it on the charts i have. Osco name in relief with a backdrop of a watch face, thank you

10 hours ago, watchweasol said:

This is where the bestfit books are use full. Use the indentification section and you can check the setting leverspring design / keyless parts in the relavant section according to size and shape of the movemnt.

Thanks ww. I'm having trouble making the link work. Tempted to buy the books

3 hours ago, mikepilk said:

Nothing could be simpler 😀

Cousins have lots of parts for Osco 66 image.thumb.png.b0f7f5fd0e327d617b26e9b43a37d45e.png

Thanks mike, i can have a look now i know the movement.  I was thinking of having a crack at making the part. 

2 hours ago, WatchMaker said:

As a potentially interesting aside...

The Bestfit catalogue when looking for 'Osco' also has 'Parat (see Osco)' and 'Stowa (see Osco)' implying it could be worth in some circumstances looking around against these separate names should someone run into parts difficulty. 

In the case of the 66 however then, as @mikepilkhas pointed out, there is good parts availability so that's unnecessary.

Note that Dugena 1157 = Osco 66 but Cousins deny all knowledge of the Dugena. Poor Dugena. 😲

Thank again watchmaker, all these extra notes are very useful. Now starting my own movements lists. Thank you