What Is Left

patcook

very recently I sold 8 watches to buy a pre owned Parmigiani , though some are left and I still enjoy wearing them . however some of my favorite are gone now : Oris big crown day date , Oris Sinatra chrono day date , Tag aquaracer date day chrono , link chrono date , Kiryum professional 200 chrono date ; Tissot PRC 100 grey dial chrono day date, Quickster chrono date blue dial blue strap, Bulgary bulgary date black dial . 

So I guess I will start slowly over , my first targets will probably be a Speedmaster and a Rolex dayjust . 

post-1098-0-97476500-1432707087_thumb.jp

• Like 1

haha.. this is a textbook case of watchitis..the progression of the disease usually follows the following ....

1.First you buy watches any old how..

2.Then you become a snob and buy only swiss.

3.you then realize there are some other countries which make good watches..eg America.

4.You slowly realize that ETA and AS movements are not that rare and interesting anymore.. Usually by this time you have progressed to light tinkering of your watches.. movement removal.. signing on WRT forum..

5.You then narrow your focus down to higher end watches like Longines and Omega..selling your earlier purchases to fund your latest 'fix'

6.You finally realize that nothing else except the best will suffice.. hence more expensive, haute horlegerie forays.

7.The final and terminal stage is when you have bought that ultra rare Patek Phillipe with all the complications under the sun and you come to the conclusion that there is nothing that this watch can do which can also be done by done by an smartphone. You then sell all your high end watches to a WRT forum member by the name of Anilv for the token sum of USD1.00 each and retire to a hut in the mountains.While walking in the woods one evening, you stay out late past sunset (no watch right?!!) and get lost in the woods.

Your body is discovered 3 years later, next to a crudely fashion sundial and a smartphone (dead).

ps.. I am probably around step 5.. :D

• Like 3

dear Anilv 

we all some day end up in a hole and since I havnt  got anything to do in the mean time , it seems like a good plan to me . the most important is to enjoy watching the time as it passes on our wrists .... thanks for clearing the path  :thumbsd:

Nice looking watch Patcook,

To me clarity for being able to tell the time is what is needed and this watch ticks the Box, I have a liking for the seconds type subdial and the date is a bonus as well.

I personally don't need to know how long my aeroplane fuel will last or how deep I can dive as I am neither a Pilot nor a Diver but I can see that others may need such info.  It is funny how some people prefer a massive chunk of metal on their wrist as opposed to functionality and elegance but hey, it would be a boring world if we all thought the same way.

Don't forget to post the pics when you pull it apart for a service :cool:

Cheers,

Vic

Your order of progression is just about spot on foe me too Anil.

When I realised that I could no longer afford to pay to get watches serviced because I had too many, I decided to learn how to do my own servicing. The down side of this is that I now purchase more watches that never, but the upside is I can buy non runners and save a fortune. I just have to learn to start selling some!

Regarding the IPhone, remember that even when it I old or broken, it would be really easy to turn it into a sundial. :)

• Like 1