New repairer here

mrkrsl

After many calming hours of YouTube and wanting to set myself up to disassemble/restore some watches I finally got myself the basic tools and bits and got started.

I've stripped two cheap, Swiss eBay movements so far ... and with success. The most difficult part has been searching for the pesky click springs that took flight from both (!) movements when I took them apart. I've never spent so much time on my knees under a table.

I've read a fair few posts here and thought I'd join. I have no pressing questions yet, but I did just receive a very dirty 71 year old Tissot in the post, which will be the first watch I work on that I'll really care about and want to restore.

Hello everybody. 🙂

PXL_20220512_170107623.jpg

7 minutes ago, mrkrsl said:

The most difficult part has been searching for the pesky click springs that took flight from both (!) movements when I took them apart. I've never spent so much time on my knees under a table.

Haha. Yeah that happens it fun looking for them. I'd think about rephrasing that last statement if i were you as well. 🤦‍♂️

8 minutes ago, mrkrsl said:

After many calming hours of YouTube and wanting to set myself up to disassemble/restore some watches I finally got myself the basic tools and bits and got started.

I've stripped two cheap, Swiss eBay movements so far ... and with success. The most difficult part has been searching for the pesky click springs that took flight from both (!) movements when I took them apart. I've never spent so much time on my knees under a table.

I've read a fair few posts here and thought I'd join. I have no pressing questions yet, but I did just receive a very dirty 71 year old Tissot in the post, which will be the first watch I work on that I'll really care about and want to restore.

Hello everybody. 🙂

PXL_20220512_170107623.jpg

Aw An old Tissot, ive been after one of those with the long strike T logo. Are you in uk ? Im sure i was bidding for that you little 😈.  I will be very interested to see what is inside matey. 

Edited by Neverenoughwatches

• 2 weeks later...