Another movement question

2 hours ago, RichardHarris123 said:

Does anyone recognise this movement.  The watch is a Tudor Rolex but I can't find the movement on bidfun by searching either Tudor or Rolex

2 hours ago, RichardHarris123 said:

Does anyone recognise this movement.  The watch is a Tudor Rolex but I can't find the movement on bidfun by searching either Tudor or Rolex

Screenshot_20220415-171521_eBay.jpg

Fixed cap jewel from underneath. A pain for beginners.  Moan moan

Just now, RichardHarris123 said:

99 pence at the moment, I might be willing to go mad and add a pound to that. 

I only interested because of the Tudor/ Rolex link. 

Screenshot_20220416-051835_eBay.jpg

Oops it was 99P, not really interested anymore. 

On 4/14/2022 at 7:59 PM, LittleWatchShop said:

Buy it and broach it. If you have never done that, buy two.

11 hours ago, Klassiker said:

See what you can find under the balance wheel.

53 minutes ago, RichardHarris123 said:

99 pence at the moment, I might be willing to go mad and add a pound to that. 

I only interested because of the Tudor/ Rolex link. 

Screenshot_20220416-051835_eBay.jpg

Haha. There is a good way to go yet Richard. You will find it can rapidly jump up nearing the end. Often in the last few seconds can more than double what it has crept up to in the last hour.. I've noticed if its something  desirable bidders will hold back till the very end so as not to create  an awareness of it and then snipe in the last few seconds.  I've done it myself on occasion, a bit of a devious tactic but sometimes pays off. I will say as a beginner you will need nerves of steel if you are going to work on anything of any value, as you can have money spent down the drain with one false move. Worse still is your disappointment if it was a bargain as not only can your initial investment have disappeared but also your profit if your intention is to sell on. If you have recently  won the lottery then crack on by all means. When it happens  and it will I can assure  you, don't be in any kind of haste to bin it as most damage is repairable providing any parts needed are available. It happened to me a few times. These I have put aside to be returned to when I have either gained more knowledge  or certain parts. If like myself the itching to get out scientist in me, damage can occur  in any manner of peculiar ways. My first was a half ruined bezel insert on a Smith's  diver, involving a sonic cleaner, a hair drier and an over enthusiastic, getting ready to go out individual which I don't care to mention. It will be repaired at some point and when I eventually wear it will give me a constant reminder to develop more patience. 

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Neverenoughwatches said:

Haha. There is a good way to go yet Richard. You will find it can rapidly jump up nearing the end. Often in the last few seconds can more than double what it has crept up to in the last hour.. I've noticed if its something  desirable bidders will hold back till the very end so as not to create  an awareness of it and then snipe in the last few seconds.  I've done it myself on occasion, a bit of a devious tactic but sometimes pays off. I will say as a beginner you will need nerves of steel if you are going to work on anything of any value, as you can have money spent down the drain with one false move. Worse still is your disappointment if it was a bargain as not only can your initial investment have disappeared but also your profit if your intention is to sell on. If you have recently  won the lottery then crack on by all means. When it happens  and it will I can assure  you, don't be in any kind of haste to bin it as most damage is repairable providing any parts needed are available. It happened to me a few times. These I have put aside to be returned to when I have either gained more knowledge  or certain parts. If like myself the itching to get out scientist in me, damage can occur  in any manner of peculiar ways. My first was a half ruined bezel insert on a Smith's  diver, involving a sonic cleaner, a hair drier and an over enthusiastic, getting ready to go out individual which I don't care to mention. It will be repaired at some point and when I eventually wear it will give me a constant reminder to develop more patience. 

I don't know what you are talking about, so far I have made no mistakes and I've had the patience of a Saint.  Hehe. 

I have several movements with broken/ missing parts most aren't working the expensive so keeping for spares. I have one awaiting a new mainspring, all else is working so I'll post when complete.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, RichardHarris123 said:

I don't know what you are talking about, so far I have made no mistakes and I've had the patience of a Saint.  Hehe. 

I have several movements with broken/ missing parts most aren't working the expensive so keeping for spares. I have one awaiting a new mainspring, all else is working so I'll post when complete.

Haha. Send me in the post some of that saintly gift if you don't mind Rich , mine evaporates in an instant when a flea mimicking diashock does a Steve Mcqueen on me😆

• Haha 1