Remove a case from a pocketwatch

Hallo experts,

some advice would really help. I am looking into this hobby and bought an old and broken watch from eBay. Since trying out and experimenting is a good way to start and there is not much at risk here I just started to loosen screws to get the mechanics out of the case. But unfortunately it did not work. (Of course I have made some documentation to get it back together later.)

(Please excuse me if I do not use the correct terms. I try to.)

The majority of the mechanics is disassembled already. I think the crown is the biggest problem. To me there is no idea left of how to disassemble that part. The chrystal can be turned but with a lot of power and it does not seem to change anything. There are some tiny cracks in the christal but they would not matter to me. I did not find any cracks in the case where a caseknive could be used. The backcover goes up to about 75° but it seems to be intedet that way. The hinge is completly closed by metal bended around. The seconds hand is loose since the wheel holding it is already out. The part where the stem is in is loose but I cannot move it far apart from a little bit up and down. When I hold down the small button next to the crown I can still set the watch with turning the crown. The connection to some part of the mechanic seems still to be there.

What more information could I provide? Can you help me? Here are three pictures of the status that  might be helpful.

(And as a bonus: Does anyone have mor info on the watch? It just sais Junghans on the front.)

Thank you all
Gerald

IMG_8043.JPG

IMG_8041.JPG

IMG_8042.JPG

I am not familiar with that watch. However, looking at the pictures, it appears that the movement comes out from the dial side. I see two case clamp screws that partially turn until the movement is released. The dial side must have a bezel that can be either unscrewed or popped off...be very careful if it is a glass crystal.

Once the case screws are released, and the bezel removed, the movement tilts out from the 6 o'clock position. The stem is not removed...remains in the case.

Before trying this, wait for a few of the seasoned e parts to comment. Someone may know this movement specifically.

• Like 1

Fascinating!  Is that not also an alarm watch?  I have noticed the extra hand, and I see the case back opens from the bottom such that the watch would use it to stand up on a table, like a desk clock.
I have an open-face, stem-set pocket watch which operates similar to this, using a Baumgartner 222; but yours is a very nice pin-set Junghans.
I am not personally familiar with the movement itself.  I would have to research it like anyone else.  But LittleWatchShop has already given advice as well as I would give. I think he is right about the front bezel unscrewing. It likely has a two-piece stem, so a squared stem part will remain in the case, and engages a socket in the movement (were we right about that?) and once the movement is out you will need to look after the setting pin - I am not sure if there is anything to keep it in the case.  The half-headed screws at the edge are likely what hold it in, but the movement may also have a small retaining pin permanently mounted at the edge somewhere near the stem, and that would be why you'd need to tilt it out from the 6:00 position.
As far as having more information: Junghans makes good watches.  I cannot recall if they are/were a luxury brand, but I'm sure they are a quality brand.  I do not see all the parts here; out of curiosity, did this watch have an alarm bell, or does it use gongs?

• Like 2

It is an alarm watch and it is standing up on the backcover as you assumed. Really hoping I can get that watch working again. The bezel did not have any thread so I think it is just clipped on. Worked with this silvery rim around the christal (which is plastic). And you were right with a square stem that remains in the case. The setting pin falls out directly but this watch is so dirty, I needed to use some force anyway. There is a retaining pin. I was able to see that before but could not make much out of it. It is clear now. Basically right about everything. Thank you so much.

Within the movement there is a small hammer going against the case and a wheel to drive the hammer. From what I know this would be a gong not a bell, right? I have attached a picture of the two parts (before cleaning).

IMG_8046.JPG