2 hours ago, HectorLooi said:

Many of us have one of those in our drawers. Total waste of money.

OK. If that is the case, thanks for letting me know. What is the tool then that you need for getting spring bars out when you are dealing with a metal bracelet which is not soft like a leather strap to be able to remove it from between the lugs?

I have some spring bar removers which I showed in the Some Timelab Tools thread that I started. I will have another look at it all once I get set up in the room that I am removing the spa from. Not doing anything until next weekend to cut the spa up to get it out though. Have spent the last 6 weeks digging rocks up in our gardens, then adding soil where required and then putting all of the stones back to get them back on the surface and not buried in the soil.

Hands and wrists are sore. Not the best for hanging onto a reciprocating saw for hours.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, RichardHarris123 said:

I use one of these, the fork fits in the gap on the bracelet. Replacement forks and different sizes are available. 

Screenshot_20240421_115011_Chrome.jpg

I have a cheap version of this been using it for nearly 3 years now.  Works fine, i sometimes reshape the fork and when i past reworking i fit another fork insert. I try to save the pennies with cheap general tools  that add up to the pounds for the real goodies. 

2 hours ago, Michael1962 said:

I have some spring bar removers which I showed in the Some Timelab Tools thread that I started. I will have another look at it all once I get set up in the room that I am removing the spa from. Not doing anything until next weekend to cut the spa up to get it out though. Have spent the last 6 weeks digging rocks up in our gardens, then adding soil where required and then putting all of the stones back to get them back on the surface and not buried in the soil.

Hands and wrists are sore. Not the best for hanging onto a reciprocating saw for hours.

Everything takes time Michael, you take it steady. Bet you cant wait to start setting up, I have a new room planned its been on the gonna list for ages. One day . Watch the recip saw and fibreglass spells ,  a grinder does the job but you will get covered in fine fibreglass dust if thats what the tub is made of. 

• Like 3

22 hours ago, HectorLooi said:

Many of us have one of those in our drawers. Total waste of money.

Yep, I have one of those too. Got mine from Cousins (now discontinued). Yes, a total waste of money!

22 hours ago, clockboy said:

Overall the biggest difference between the Chinese and Swiss tools is the quality of the materials used. So for an amateur the Chinese tools are OK but I have found the build quality is not as precise as the Swiss.

That is 100 % my experience as well. If I were a pro with daily use of a tool, perhaps by several people, I would definitely go Swiss. When buying tools I always try to get used Swiss tools if I can find them for a reasonable price, and if not, I go Chinese.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, RichardHarris123 said:

I use one of these, the fork fits in the gap on the bracelet. Replacement forks and different sizes are available. 

Just a heads up that the CousinsUK branded replacement forks and pins fit the Bergeon tool and look/feel exactly the same. I damaged my Bergeon one and found that the replacement Bergeon parts were almost the same price as a complete new tool, so I decided to try the cousins own brand version. Out of curiosity I tried the fork and pin in my Bergeon tool and found they were exactly the same, and to buy the CousinsUK replacement parts individually is far cheaper than the buying a whole new tool. Hopefully is will save someone some pennies!

Edited by Waggy
  • Like 5