Vulcain Wall World Clock

maclerche

I have got my hands on a Vulcain Wall World clock, which is to be hung up in the workshop. However, there are some challenges. More second hand are missing, so i have

to find someone who can fit?  I think the easiest thing is to change them all.  Since the watch is from the USA it is 110v so I also have to convert from 230v to 110v!  An alternative is to switch all drives to Quartz.  What would you do?

BE225627-9A81-472A-BA21-D0857A51626B.jpeg.6d9115cb0d4b744e2450141bf4429888.jpeg

Edited by maclerche
  • Like 1

Show us an image of the back.

Converting from 110 to 220 is a transformer...pretty simple.

No, do not convert to quartz.  By staying with the current movements, all of the second hands can be synchronized.

Lastly.  This is a whole lot of trouble to go through and there are better ways to spend your time.  Just send the clock to me and work on more important projects 😉

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, LittleWatchShop said:

Show us an image of the back.

Converting from 110 to 220 is a transformer...pretty simple.

No, do not convert to quartz.  By staying with the current movements, all of the second hands can be synchronized.

Lastly.  This is a whole lot of trouble to go through and there are better ways to spend your time.  Just send the clock to me and work on more important projects 😉

I am uploading some pictures of the back, but right now the clock is on its way from the USA to Denmark. Yes, the easiest is probably to find 5 new second hands or possibly just 4. The volt reduction is as you write quite simple and I do not think such a watch has much power consumption? 

I'm not sure what kind of movement the clocks are using. But if they use AC synchronous motors, then it will not be as simple as using a step down transformer because the mains voltage in Denmark is 230V 50Hz. American voltage is 110V 60Hz.

That's the reason why I can't buy AC clocks from the US. But I was told that there is a step down power supply with a frequency converter. I'll try to find the name of the company that sells it.

5 hours ago, HectorLooi said:

Yes a little expensive, 305 USD with customs and VAT, for the chronos model. But no doubt it is the right model!