Omega cal.1022 date quick set function broken (Part 1010 1562) Cam for date

Hi everyone,

The date quickset function recently stopped working on my Omega Seamaster cal.1022 and I had a question before buying the needed parts to repair my watch.

From what I can see on ebay the part 1010 1562 (Cam for date) as a plastic version and a metal version, could I install the metal version instead of the plastic one? Are they the same part and will my quickset function still work?

I also need 1020 1571 (Day star driver) but I think that this part is only available in plastic.

Thanks!

- Mic

274926744_3110982679167193_2566836787450226816_n.thumb.jpg.d627ec0ffbb57b737f6461e65cff280c.jpg

1 hour ago, Michael92 said:

The date quickset function recently stopped working on my Omega Seamaster cal.1022 and I had a question before buying the needed parts to repair my watch.

Actually the very first question should be finding out for sure what his broken or wrong.

1 hour ago, Michael92 said:

From what I can see on ebay the part 1010 1562 (Cam for date) as a plastic version and a metal version, could I install the metal version instead of the plastic one?

I think so, the plastic version is preferable because it protects from breakages when one tries to quick set date around midnight. The finger flexes back and then returns to normal. A much appreciated evolution by makers,  less warranty returns actually due to user error.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, jdm said:

I think so, the plastic version is preferable because it protects from breakages when one tries to quick set date around midnight. The finger flexes back and then returns to normal. A much appreciated evolution by makers,  less warranty returns actually due to user error.

While it seems very Logical and I would agree with that there is a minor problem? We really need access to Omega current documentation but that can be problematic. Cousins has a slightly newer parts list and sometimes somebody will handwrite notes on these So I have snipped out a image out of the PDF. Looks like logic flies out the window and metal is preferred? At least for one of the parts

The problem with the watch companies are they make revisions and then there can be revision documents but trying to get newer documentation especially out of Omega can be very not easy at all. Even if you have Swatch group access you might not have the right level of access and getting technical documentation then can be impossible. That means we get stuck working with older documentation. You might bill find a clue from the parts list below but they're probably still working with all documentation also may be perhaps

http://cgi.julesborel.com/cgi-bin/matcgi2?ref=OME_1022

Omega part metal versus plastic.JPG

214_Omega1010,1011,1012,1020,1021,1022NEWS-1 cousins.pdf

• Like 1