Date of (different) old clock.

John123

I gave up on mine some time ago, for the price perhaps  an associate member subscription to the BHI would be worth while as you get their magazine free.  A bit late for me at my age  but read the editions that are on the net and the Horological time articals. always worth a read.

16 minutes ago, watchweasol said:

I gave up on mine some time ago, for the price perhaps  an associate member subscription to the BHI would be worth while as you get their magazine free.  A bit late for me at my age  but read the editions that are on the net and the Horological time articals. always worth a read.

Yes have that also, i like to think you are never to old to learn and do what you want.

4 hours ago, clockboy said:

OH I have cancelled my Clock Magazine this year because it is just poorly put together with very little help to an amateur such as myself. 

Yes i no what you mean about someone new to horology like myself but clockboy i think your being to modest 😀.

6 hours ago, oldhippy said:

I have nice French clock a strike on bell that keeps stopping so I need to look at that. A French timepiece just one of those black slate jobs. A Georgian fusee chime on bells which needs a lot of work, don't know when I'll get round to that. I don't do much in the restoration side only when the mood take me. I'm to wrapped up in looking after my two cats Freddie & Buster both about 18 months old and genealogy which take up most of my time I have been working on that for must be about 17 years. 

I have a few waiting in the wing couple of french time only clocks looking for one with a bell on ebay, couple of slate clocks american clock and a few others. The genealogy keep back to that now and again seem to have hit a brick wall on my mothers side.