Do I have a clutch problem fossil TY2723 automatic

So while I'm waiting for some practice watches to arrive I thought I would order some parts for my fossil watch.

fossil-grant-automatic-black-skeleton-dial-mens-watch-me3055.jpg.2fabd0c5f8f35241802b324229bbba4a.jpg

This is my Fossil that only needs a new glass and replacement o'ring

Fossil.thumb.jpg.4a47f39b8cd6c5b77bf5e563600ea608.jpg

This is the practice fossil bought from ebay So I opened the back and removed the stem and mounted the movement onto my holder. ALL GOOD but now I can't insert the stem all the way home it only goes in as far as first click (alter the hands) I have tried two or three time and it stops short off inserting all the way.

Do I have a clutch that needs moving to push the stem all the way home. I have looked at video's of people servicing this movement but no one had trouble inserting the stem. Also Cousinsk doesn't have any PDF drawings on this movement ? 

1 hour ago, Tiny said:

Also Cousinsk doesn't have any PDF drawings on this movement ? 

There are no parts (except for the stem perhaps) or technical documentation available for Chinese watches. In addition, in most cases they are fragile, and easily break while working on them.
However it can be that the keyless went dislodged because the stem was extracted from the wrong position. In that case you need to access and inspect with knowledge  of the matter.

• Like 2

It looks like a skeleton watch can't you see the problem? It depends on the watch some watches you can only remove the stem or only should remove the stem in the setting position typically others they can be in the winding position.

1 hour ago, Tiny said:

This is the practice fossil bought from ebay So I opened the back and removed the stem and mounted the movement onto my holder. ALL GOOD but now I can't insert the stem all the way home it only goes in as far as first click (alter the hands) I have tried two or three time and it stops short off inserting all the way.

It's good that this is a practice watch because now you get the practice taking movement out of the case. Then practice of taking the dial off if you can't see the setting components which of course means you have to take the hands off all good practice. Then you can see why the setting parts are not where there supposed to be.

Then one of the problems watch repair that we continuously Are pointing out to newbies not everything has technical documentation. So always get lots of pictures because that's the only documentation you're going to  have.

• Like 1

On 3/9/2022 at 8:26 AM, Tiny said:

I have found this video that explains removal of the stem quite well

It may explain for the movements he covered. Your may be different, requires the stem removed from setting position, now the keyless is out of place and needs to be corrected accessing it from the dial side. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Tiny said:

Hands Removers Lever Type Puller Tool on order

That's OK, personally I've always used presto type without any problem, only one seconds hands separated from the tube over very many.

It might be the lighting but it looks like your Watch is horribly dusty there's a lot of specs all over the place?

I've attached an image that shows the concept at least the concept of where things should be. The problem is your's is a little bit different but the basic concept is there.

Snipped out your image in circles some things we want to get to where the green square is you need to see underneath they are you need to see the clutch wheel. Usually what happens is it either falls out were twists or something and it's hard to tell in the picture it almost looks like it's in the right place but? It also has a part that goes into the slot in it and it might've fallen out of that you can't tell from the picture so you need to take the part off to its covering that up and it looks like that's held on by two screws.

This is one of the important aspects of watch repair is you have to bill analyze things and figure out how things work. Because every single watch is basically identical in every single watch is different. So my guess is it to get the clutch wheel back on the stem and get it all back together it should work.

keyless page 1.JPG

keyless problem.JPG

John what a wonderful reply full of great information.

Yes I think the dust is artifacts from the phone imagining software as I didn't see any dust on the movement when I removed the dial. If I was to completely strip down this movement (only because I can buy a new one ) would I be able to use this oil.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Precision-Oiler-Clocks-Watches-Instruments/dp/B01DRA4LP4/ref=asc_df_B01DRA4LP4/?tag=googshopuk-21&linkCode=df0&hvadid=207996494866&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=12447630593014107452&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=1007033&hvtargid=pla-467206826780&psc=1

I only ask because I do have this light oil. I do have to buy some small oiling pins (I think that's there name)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Jewellers-Tools-Quality-Carriage-Grandfather/dp/B07TNHG5PV/ref=pd_sbs_6/258-7200769-0422933?pd_rd_w=jO93j&pf_rd_p=c896f142-67ed-468d-b7d2-62dc03d28077&pf_rd_r=Y1D55456JV1JZDVJMK6R&pd_rd_r=3a4c3ff3-2bba-41ea-a427-08160696ea74&pd_rd_wg=3iSVS&pd_rd_i=B07TNHG5PV&psc=1

what grease will I need to buy for a service ?