Gmt hand installation

6 minutes ago, Creedo said:

When you install a gmt hand to the movement, where do you line it up to? Is it at 12 like the hour and minut hands?

The only reason you line up the hour hand at 12 is to sync with the date that has just changed,cnot even all watches have date.

Then, how to sync a GMt hand with hours hand depends on the mov.t. if the hand can be moved independently without restriction, you don't need to align with anything at the time you install it.

54 minutes ago, jdm said:

The only reason you line up the hour hand at 12 is to sync with the date that has just changed,cnot even all watches have date.

Then, how to sync a GMt hand with hours hand depends on the mov.t. if the hand can be moved independently without restriction, you don't need to align with anything at the time you install it.

It is a Mingzhu DG 3804 gmt movement

I replaced a GMT hand on my Seiko Navigator to point to 4 o'clock (8 on the 24hour scale) because that is the GMT variance where I live. My day job is in aviation so I use GMT a lot but strictly speaking it becomes second nature to convert local to GMT and the watch is purely for show. The Seiko has an internal bezel so strictly speaking its not really necessary, but just did it because I could.

Anilv