Newbie from Saskatchewan, Canada. Hi

Very new to watch repair, stumbled on this new hobby/potential part time employment by accident when researching a friend's grandma's watch (It was an Eaton's Solar 1970s ladies watch as it turns out). Well the nerd in me kept looking further into vintage ladies watches and couldn't quit. Love the look of the earlier 1900s art deco ones the best.

The computer/electronic repair part of me started wondering if maybe I could try cleaning, restoring and repairing some less expensive ladies watches to collect or possibly resell and I've got my first handful of purchases slowly coming in this week. So exciting to actually hold them in my hands.

Found this site quite by accident when clicking on something else entirely. Can't wait to see what all is here, looks like a tonne of great info.

Cheers

Michelle

• Thanks 1

Welcome to WRT, Michelle.

Vintage ladies' watches can be easily found on eBay. There doesn't seem to be a lot of demand for ladies' watches, so the prices are much lower than gent's watches. I did ask my mentor why this is so. His reply was; ladies' watches, being so small, are more difficult to repair and it's hard to find anyone willing to service them. And ladies tend to treat watches as fashion accessories and would prefer a new one.

But he did make me hone my skills by working on ladies' watches after I got comfortable working on gent's watches.

Good luck with your new ventures. Maybe you'll be able to change the market for pre-loved ladies' watches.

• 4 weeks later...