Cal ID Help

Hello folks it's been a while since I posted anything, sometime life gets in the way of our hobbies. Right now I have a cal.6325 tore down waiting on parts to get that one back going and since I'm waiting I though I would take a look at another project I have coming up and need a bit of help identifying it. It's a Record pocket watch with some kind of Record movement. I found over at the Ranfft site 1 or 2 that looks close but the pallet fork bridge doesn't look quite the same and as always I like to know what I'm working before I start. Only numbers I see on it is on the dial side at bottom which you can see in the photo I also pulled the balance cock thinking there might be something there like some other movements have but nothing. The watch is running but not very well and you can't set time on it keyless works problems maybe. Thanks for any help.  

IMG_1923.JPG

IMG_1924.JPG

I don't suppose you have a diameter the movement? At least it'll is a pocket watch it looks like a pocket watch but what size of pocket watch? It's amazing they all look the same in the pictures  give no visual size clue so we need a diameter the movement.

I did say it's a pocket watch and the diameter is 39.8 mm when measure from the dial side Other facts are and it took me some to wrap my head around it and that is it has a in-set winding set up no winding stem per say also I have not work on one that has no jewels for the train of wheels etc. guess you oil it like you do all the rest. Cosmetically the watch is in beautiful condition and just need a good service.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a update on this movement which I never could ID. What I found was the winding stem was stuck in the movement (lack of oil) this is a split winding set up also I found the 3rd wheel pivot on the motion work side to be wore out and there was way to much side shake on the balance wheel which after looking at it under my  microscopes I found the pivot wore out as well. I took a chance and order a donor movement that look to be about right and after it came I did find the wheel was the same and it was in good shape but the balances had same problem. Now I know the pivot can be replace but I don't have the tools nor the experienced for this and also trying to find one since I don't know what I have would make it hard. So for now this project is dead in water as they say you win some and lose some.