One Of The Last Of The Hamilton 992B Movements - 1967

WillFly

This Hamilton "Railway Special" must be one of the last of the American Hamiltons to be made before the movement of the company to Switzerland in 1969. Hamilton had actually taken over the Swiss firm Buren in 1966, and there was a transitional period when some components/movements were made in Lancaster, PA, and some in Switzerland. The face is not one of the best - and the old US Hamilton firm would never have used the words "Railway Special" on the dial, but the case is a nice bar over crown model, and the movement is very fine. Click the pics to see it in huge details...

Hamilton%20992B%201967%20face.JPG

Hamilton%20992B%201967%20movement.JPG

Edited by WillFly

Thats a very fine watch Will,  just the sort I am looking for.  A nice undamaged case and dial,  with a 21 jewel adj temp. and 6 positions unabused movement.  Thats about as fine a movement as it's possible to get,  unless someone knows different.  The annoying thing is that I do not need one,  I mean it's not as though I have a railway to run.  If I did find one it would spend most of it's life being polished and oiled and then put away in a safe place.  Just curious but what might I have to pay for such a time piece?

Depending on condition, between £250 and £400 from the United States - they rarely become available in this country - to which you add on postage and customs duty.

I bought this one from a friend in the US for, I think, about £150 - posted as a "gift"! My other 992B was about £200 - also from him - and I bought a 992 over here for about the same price. I got those about 2-3 years ago - and they've been rising in price steadily.

• 1 year later...
dalarry, on 20 Feb 2016 - 08:14 AM, said:

hi willfly, 

i just found this old post and saw you are a Hamilton 992B fan.

so i am going to show off my 992B in the my collection forum.

let me know what you think.

Todd

You talk about your avatar ? if yes. it's a nice one ( pocket watch )