Hello, Introducing myself

chrisd

Hello, It's my first time here. 

I'm from the UK, and have been interested in watches for quite a while, building up a small collection of watches but never really having got into repair or disassembly until now. After watching a few YouTube videos and finding it both interesting and relaxing I've started to venture into stripping down and hopefully putting back together a movement. I thought I'd start with a pocket watch, because of the larger size, and purchased a "Swiss made" but so far unidentified example from eBay. 
I've so far managed to take everything out without major incident, which I'm really quite pleased with. And I also think I might have diagnosed why it had stopped working, which is that the pallet fork is missing a jewel which was stuck in the movement. 

I think my next steps will be to clean everything and then have a rest and take a deep breath!

I may be asking some questions about how to identify the movement, and also when my next pay check comes in I intend to take some of the lessons over at watchFix, which judging by the icons on this forum may be known to some.

Anyway, it's good to virtually meet you, and I look forward to learning some more.

Chris

s-l1600.jpeg

parts.png

Welcome to the forum Chris.

Like you, I bought myself a pocket watch and am hoping that I can get it going again as well as polish it all up. I am hoping that I will be able to blue the hands as well as they aren't at the moment.

Edited by Michael1962