Original hands in Waltham trench watch??

Hi everyone! 

I have this 1930s Waltham trench watch and the hands looks slightly odd to me. I think the minute hand has a broken tip because I have seen these particular type of hand in old Waltham watches, but always with a longer tip, do you agree?Also, does the off- center seconds hand looks a bit too long or it’s just me?

Apart from that, I would appreciate if someone has more information about this particular model since I will likely have to look for some replacement parts.

thank you! 

177392AF-E261-4A32-A5B2-A6D8C5E12EB1.jpeg

BCEFC5E6-666E-4350-B608-BE3C4E82A325.jpeg

814F1CF5-8290-4B44-8ECA-D50B591D2DA8.jpeg

BB39D6CB-6198-461E-AA5D-5FE04F331C92.jpeg

Your style of watch appears in ads of the period which may be your best bet for checking on an original design; or looking for similar with a google image search. But of course variations are possible. The sub-second hand's 'moon' does tie up very neatly with the 10 second interval markers so could well be original.

image.png.4cbfaff4a82e0f5534dd48d79d80fec2.png

I think your movement is known as the Waltham 1907. Do a web search around that and see how you get on. 

10 hours ago, WatchMaker said:

Your style of watch appears in ads of the period which may be your best bet for checking on an original design; or looking for similar with a google image search. But of course variations are possible. The sub-second hand's 'moon' does tie up very neatly with the 10 second interval markers so could well be original.

image.png.4cbfaff4a82e0f5534dd48d79d80fec2.png

I think your movement is known as the Waltham 1907. Do a web search around that and see how you get on. 

Thank you for the model reference! I was able to find some pictures of watches with similar dials. Not the exact same model, but I think it confirms my suspicion that the hands are broken and the crown is not original 😞  Now the question is, does someone know where to find these parts? Any information will be very much appreciated. 

IMG_1802.jpg

IMG_1797.jpg

IMG_1796.jpg

IMG_1795.jpg

IMG_1803.jpg

Hi again @ign03

It's relatively straightforward to source generic hands and crowns. If you're of a mind where you just have to have original Waltham parts then on something this old you've little choice but to keep a look out on ebay for Waltham watches/movements/parts. However your pictures nicely illustrate the question of what was the original crown (shape) with so many styles if you're convinced the crown on the watch isn't original as you say. 

Can we assume you've serviced the watch and it's running fine and keep good time? I ask this because no point sourcing the niceties if the basics aren't there. 😉

Hi! Thanks for your answers! I am taking the opposite approach. I wanted to make sure that I am able to find original parts before starting the watch restoration process. However, it might take a long time to find original parts on ebay so I might look for generic hands and crowns instead.