The difference between "Stepped Domed" and "domed" crystals and their application?

Tengo

Greetings,

I'm looking to get a domed acrylic crystal to replace the cracked one on my vintage Junghans (50's) watch. I don't see a tension ring on it. Do I need a "stepped Domed" or "Domed" one?  And what is the difference between them? Also, is a Crystal Lift good for this type of crystal? Thanks in advance!

Tengo

Edited by Tengo

48 minutes ago, Tengo said:

.Do I need a "stepped Domed" or "Domed" one?

Regular type  should be OK for most watches. We can't know, since you haven't posted a picture, as is needed with most questions.

And what is the difference between them?

If you download the Sternkreuz catalog from e.g. Cousins UK  you will see all the drawings for the different types.

Also, is a Crystal Lift good for this type of crystal?

Best way is always a crystal press and the proper dies. Again, said STK catalog has a section which explains its use.

BTW, we have a dedicated section where it's considered polite for new members to introduce themselves first.

Thanks for the reply! Now I know the rules. I'm new to collecting vintage watches and I tried to post on the "help and advise" but it's been greyed out so I can't. Here is the picture of the cracked crystal/ watch. Thanks again!

Screen Shot 2022-01-20 at 12.44.54 PM.png