Any idea what this is...

"Star Swiss" on the cap. Any other writing? Any photos of the end of the plunger end? Those slots in the cap with the hole on it are interesting. The wear in the breach combined with the overall condition suggests something hard(er than brass) is loaded that way. Very little wear inside the cap with the hole, noticeably more on its exterior.

12 hours ago, spectre6000 said:

"Star Swiss" on the cap. Any other writing? Any photos of the end of the plunger end? Those slots in the cap with the hole on it are interesting. The wear in the breach combined with the overall condition suggests something hard(er than brass) is loaded that way. Very little wear inside the cap with the hole, noticeably more on its exterior.

Nope...just Star

3 hours ago, SCOTT123 said:

EBAY 

So what did the seller describe as. Many sellers have no idea what they are selling only yesterday some seller from Canada was selling a tool and didn't know what it was. In fact it was a ring stretching tool but the stretching rings were missing. Star made watchmaking tools back in the 1970's and 80's they tended to be a few £ cheaper then the rest, that doesn't mean they warn't any good because they were very good value. Most suppliers back then would stock Star tools. I know they made watch makers lathes just wondering if this is some sort of  accessory. They made stacking sets and I'm sure watch Jewel fitting tools. 

2 hours ago, oldhippy said:

So what did the seller describe as. Many sellers have no idea what they are selling only yesterday some seller from Canada was selling a tool and didn't know what it was. In fact it was a ring stretching tool but the stretching rings were missing. Star made watchmaking tools back in the 1970's and 80's they tended to be a few £ cheaper then the rest, that doesn't mean they warn't any good because they were very good value. Most suppliers back then would stock Star tools. I know they made watch makers lathes just wondering if this is some sort of  accessory. They made stacking sets and I'm sure watch Jewel fitting tools. 

Star are still in business:

www.outils-star.ch

Edited by Plato
Added link

16 hours ago, oldhippy said:

Hi...no they didn't state what they were.  But thank you for the fast info about Star

19 minutes ago, rodabod said:

I think that may be a tap holder. You used to be able to buy a set of taps/dies which enclosed a holder which looked like this. 

218F7B5C-5BB1-43CD-8DDC-6BFEFCF33F95.png

Thank you so much...that is exactly what they are!  You are awesome!  Take care and thank you.