Monarch 17 jewels incabloc, 14K gold watch

Hello again.

This is a watch from ca 1965? a 14 K gold.Spring is gone. Where to buy, and size and is the spring inside a house just to change. The glas  change ? any part list over this watch?

Preciate if any body have experience with monarch and can help for a successfully repair. 

P_20220107_155900.jpg

P_20220107_155919.jpg

9 hours ago, ottarno said:

Spring is gone.

Which spring?

Where to buy

Have a read of our pinned topic below. 

any part list over this watch?

There could be (not guaranteed) a parts list for the mov.t, surely not for the watch itself. These were made in a time when the repairer was supposed to know his trade.

11 hours ago, ottarno said:

Preciate if any body have experience with monarch

Lots of learning when you learned watch repair? This is not a monarch watch or maybe it is? Companies like monarch purchase movements kinda like an OEM movement they put their name on it but if we want to get movement spare parts we need to know who made the movement. I

Then your photograph nicely he gave us one but your eyesight must be really really good compared to mine is mine totally sucks. So I've made your picture bigger and may bill see what the problem is here? I assume but I really can't tell that the circle is around the gold spring that you're talking about?

Then I circled a number that's located under the balance wheel looks like AS  and did I mention my eyesight problem I just can't quite read that number. In order to help you find parts we need that number. Then we need a better description of the things that somebody quoted up above.

11 hours ago, ottarno said:

The glas  change ?

Then are you asking about changing the crystal? Is it glass or plastic if it's plastic they can be polished. If it's a glass it needs to be replaced this presents a different issue in that? Ill have to go look in a catalog of crystals and find one that suitable and hopefully can find one that fits. Casing components for generic watches usually art associated with either the movement or whoever made the watch.

monarch mystery movement.JPG

Hello JohnR725 and JDM.

Monarch watch 1965.

The glas is plastic so no problem polishing, I have as a car mechanics also learn how to polish front lights  main cover when too matte. When I try to pull up spring the 2 gears on backside sirculate normal but the gear under the biggest gear wheel dosnt move at all ( see side picture , the gear and spring?)P_20220109_135344.thumb.jpg.79bf8dfe1485bca6823e601c134c6c95.jpg

The model is   AS  1677 ,  it is the main spring . Is it the spring or some failure  in crown,other?

P_20220109_135500.jpg

P_20220109_135407.jpg

P_20220109_135337.jpg

3 hours ago, ottarno said:

The model is   AS  1677

That is a small ladies mov.t, very simple but somewhat more difficult to work on due to itssize, especially for beginners. It is very likely that without tools or knowledge you will damage it or lose some parts.

Below a topic on what mov.ts you should begin with to learn how a watch works, name and function each parts, and more ortantly developed dexterity. If you are serious about learning repair I suggest that you enroll in the training by our Host Mark Lovick at watchfix.com

• Like 1