6Jewel Fairfax In An Fef 86

Hi Gary,

I would consult any equivalent movement service data (same ligne and probably similar design) to check on recommendations. I may given a closer inspection decide for maybe some D-5 but small watches usually take 9010....Hopefully an expert can jump in and clarify further for us.

Cheers,

Bob

My limited understanding is that depending on size the need for a different viscosity/type of oil may be needed. That also depends on the way parts are supported and the job they do. We tend to assume that 9010 is a standard but the fact is that other oils of greater or less viscosity and properties may be required for different designs, operating temperatures and sizes. Normally we work in sizes ranging from about 10 through 12 ligne therefore the 9010.

Here is an example:

"Moebius Classical Oil "8000" for escape wheels, balance staffs etc. on watches. Moebius Classical Oil "8000" can be used on pallet stones and pins for 5 to 8 3/4 ligne movements. Moebius Classical Oil "8000" is also recommended for 5 to 8 3/4 ligne Escape Wheels (Moebius 941), Balance Staff (replaces Moebius 9010), Center Wheel (replaces Moebius 9020 Moebius Classical Oil "8000" ),, use Moebius Classical Oil "8000" on the Wheel Train (replaces Moebius 9010 ), Barrel Arbors (replaces Moebius 9020), , use Moebius Classical Oil "8000" on the pallet pins found on 9 3/4 all the way up to Pocket Watch Movements, Moebius Classical Oil "8000" can also be used on Escape Wheels and Balance Staffs 9 3/4 ligne to 19 ligne movements. Moebius Classical Oil "8000" can be used on the Center Wheel, Wheel Train and Barrrel Arbors of 9 3/4 ligne all the way up to Large clocks in place of Moebius 8141..."

Maybe this will give an idea of what is required? Please, let us know of the outcome.

Cheers,

Bob