AS 1171 Bumper Movement Parts List/Clicks.

nlapietr

Hello.  I have been working on an old AS 1171 bumper movement.  This watch appears to have two clicks  each should have a long hair-like spring attached (see Pic).  One mounted on the automatic wind bumper mechanism, and one mounted above the barrel and barrel gear (see Pics).  The spring is broken on this click and I need to replace it (the complete click and spring, not just spring).  Cousins has both clicks when I do a search, but they don't have any pictures so I can't tell which is which.  Does anyone know where I can find a parts list for this movement, or which click (Impulse Click or Stop Click) this is?  They also have a click spring listed, but the clicks themselves seem to have springs already attached.  I suppose I could buy one of each, they are not expensive, but I would prefer to just buy the right one.1694974103_AS1171RotorClick.thumb.jpg.9a7488927e9a2268e88f61f1e5ff9c4d.jpg 

AS 1171 Click 2.jpg

AS 1171 Click.jpg

Edited by nlapietr
Clarified language

The numbers from the bestit book:=

Ebauches Number        impulse tension click       1428             Bestfit No   36

Stop click                          1427             Bestfit No    37

• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Topics

• 40 pounds sounds like too much I got one last week for $30 shipped from AliExpress. Keep us updated with the result.  I also just started and have 3 ST36, one I broke and two I am practicing with.  For one of those two I have ordered a wristwatch case+dial and hands but I though it would be nice to use the other one as a pocket watch but I found another thread here saying it may be difficult to fix it in the case due to the lack of tabs for it.  However on the pictures (I am not at home close to the movement) I see some holes where the screws holding the movement in your case seem to be.  
    • John I have seen the information of the internet regarding Arnex https://theoldtimey.com/arnex-pocket-watch/#Arnex Watch Value https://adelstein-workshop.com/arnex-watches/ Very interesting. oldttimey estimates a value of £75, if everything is original.  Can't find an original movement as a donor. Silly prices wanted for a full donor watch. I can get an st3600 6497 for £40. Owner is more concerned wit the 'look'.  What I am pleased about is that by learning from others, I have been able to rebuild to the point where I was able to understand why it would not work. I know that I am not very good with describing my work. But achieving the outcome has been good for my ego. Know what the problems were. Know my limitations. Chuffed.
    • Out of curiosity I don't suppose you want to share the prices? Yes it would be cheaper to get a Chinese clone but this is not a Chinese clone this is a Swiss 6498 and the last time I looked brand-new movements are extremely expensive. I see the answer has materialized before I Finished this I'm still curious genuine Swiss because as I said the last time I looked they were rather expensive. Although taken a quick look at eBay it looks I can get a movement For approximately $130. Otherwise I'm seeing silly prices starting at $400. This is the unfortunate problem of anything that is well watch repair Somebody in there before you that didn't grasp what they were doing and now you have to pick up the pieces. It seems be unfortunately the world of the watch the more pieces of the stuff you have to deal with. I suppose it's a miracle that in the watch runs at all. On the other hand the number of amateur parts destroyers of watches versus the quality of watches well that's probably a good thing that there only a tiny percentage of
    • New movement. I have told him that it will be an old watch but a new movement. He is happy with that. 
    • I think you misunderstand what I was getting at I was quoting you. You're the one who found the color Rolex manual and that's definitely worthy of an acknowledgment.   So you don't need to apologize for anything I wasn't offended. As I said I was quoting you because you brought something exciting I color Rolex manual a PDF color manual. I just wish you'd remember where it came from and whether they had any other color or any other Rolex manual's.