Omega 552 installation of second hand

Hello to all.

I'm working on a vintage Omega de Ville.

Almost finished the servicing of its beautiful 552 caliber.

I'm wondering what is the best way to install the second hand concerning not to damage the very delicate sweeping second pinion spring.

Does somebody want to share his experience with me please?

Thank you very much.

Regards Jack.

Hi  If you have not got the appropriate movement holder with the support screw you will need to place it on a heed surface to provide the support and be very gentle.             https://www.watchuseek.com/threads/mounting-sweep-second-hand-on-omega-565-movement.969330/             There are many hints and tips to be found on this link.

• Like 1

From memory (but i'd have to look at the underside of a rotor bridge first), you can possibly attach the auto mechanism which supports the spring to some degree. But the ideal thing would be to use a support as WW mentions.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/5/2021 at 3:05 PM, watchweasol said:

Hi  If you have not got the appropriate movement holder with the support screw you will need to place it on a heed surface to provide the support and be very gentle.             https://www.watchuseek.com/threads/mounting-sweep-second-hand-on-omega-565-movement.969330/             There are many hints and tips to be found on this link.

Thank you very much watchweasol!

On 8/7/2021 at 7:21 AM, watchfellow said:

If you have one of the Horotec Rolex movement holders (I can't remember if it was the 1570 one or the 3035/3135) they work great for support while attaching the seconds hand.

Thank you very much watchfellow!

On 8/5/2021 at 4:32 PM, rodabod said:

From memory (but i'd have to look at the underside of a rotor bridge first), you can possibly attach the auto mechanism which supports the spring to some degree. But the ideal thing would be to use a support as WW mentions.

Thank you rodabod!