Citizen Crystron 8700A quartz help needed

Hi, looking for some help with this Citizen Crystron quartz watch from 1976. The small lever that stops the centre second wheel and halts the output to the coil has a piece missing (it's the part that is analogous to the hacking lever in an automatic). I have searched for info on this movement and I cannot find anything. All I have found are a few links to images of the same watch model. It has a blue banded dial which is very nice. I am thinking that other citizen movements from the 70s could use the same lever or maybe levers from other Japanese manufacturers such as seiko could fit. What's bugging me is in sure that I've seen that shape of lever before. Hope someone can point me in the right direction. Steve.

IMG_20210708_191235343_HDR~2.jpg

53 minutes ago, steve1811uk said:

I have searched for info on this movement and I cannot find anything.

I don't suppose we do know a better picture of the movement like all the movement? Then was or anything special about this watch?

the good news is your right it looks like a citizen watch  a lot of the components look like the components found on other citizen watches. The bad news is it almost doesn't exist apparently. So you're going to have to look at the manuals of the watches of that timeframe to see if you can find anything that looks like it has a similar part.

https://www.thewatchsite.com/threads/citizen-crystron-info-please.155825/

2 minutes ago, watchweasol said:

Hi Steve   according to research the 8700A uses the E870 module. and to that end I have attached the E870 manual in the hope you find what you are looking for   cheers

unfortunately your answer is incorrect as I've already noticed the same thing which is why asked for the pictures. But while is waiting for the pictures I found the above link. If the manual does exist it probably has a number like 87XX on it

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, JohnR725 said:

the good news is your right it looks like a citizen watch  a lot of the components look like the components found on other citizen watches. The bad news is it almost doesn't exist apparently. So you're going to have to look at the manuals of the watches of that timeframe to see if you can find anything that looks like it has a similar part.

https://www.thewatchsite.com/threads/citizen-crystron-info-please.155825/

unfortunately your answer is incorrect as I've already noticed the same thing which is why asked for the pictures. But while is waiting for the pictures I found the above link. If the manual does exist it probably has a number like 87XX on it

Interesting thread, that watch has a near identical serial number as mine, also July 1976. Would love to get it working again.